HMO ranting......

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Cinlou, Feb 25, 2007.

1. Cinlou

Cinlou New Member

Hello all,
    I have been waiting for an ok from HMO to have nerve block done on lumbar spine.....
    My PM doctor told me to call and let them know when I needed to be seen again for pain, as I was feeling ok and did not need anymore injections. That was in October, I called the first week of December to be seen again, lower back pain, they denied it and only gave me a consult...ok I went to that....in the last week in January!

Doctor sent for referral to HMO denied it, and only ok'd for an injection for carpal tunnel. HMO wants PM doc's notes...on and on.....!

I can not believe this.....you would think that PM would give me something orally for pain until all the BS is done.

I am going to call and request something from PM......this is totally absurd! I really think the HMO thinks a person will just give up and not push it.

I have pain that starts in low back and goes into buttocks and down leg. Sometimes my foot feels "mushy" numb. Sometimes it goes on both sides.

Of course I have all the other aches and pains from DDD and FM, and who knows what else.

All this pain and stress from work, mom's funeral, divorce....ahhhhhhhhhhhh.............thanks for reading if you did.....(((HUGS))))to all...
    Cindy
  2. ephemera

ephemera New Member

who do you think denies more often -- HMOs or Soc Security?

sorry for your pain & frustration. here's hoping things get better soon