HNY - Syndrome X

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cred, Dec 31, 2005.

1. cred

cred New Member

Have you guys heard of this? Syndrome x, sugar problems, triglycerides, weight, muscle, bp, ?
    Any who with all the joys of FM/ cfs i can now add "abnormal heart beat" to the list. UGH
    Any who... Happy New Year fibromites!
  2. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

My Dr. told me I had Syndrome X and explained it as a combination of diabetes, high blood pressure and high cholesterol. However I've heard other people use the words 'Syndrome X' to describe other disorders - I don't know what that's all about - just what my Dr. told me.

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  3. Alyndra

Alyndra New Member

After an alarmingly large amount of weight gain, I was sent to an endocrinologist that diagnosed with me Metabolic X Syndrome.

In May of 2004 I weighed about 170. Around Christmas time last year I had gotten up to 200. Then it really got out of hand, and within 4 months I weighed just short of 300lbs. There was a point when I was gaining 2-3 lbs each day, and my skin was being stretched so much and so quick that instead of stretch marks; my skin just split.

I've been taking 4000mg of Metformin for it, and since September I have lost 50 lbs without making any changes to what I eat; or how much I exercise.

I have significantly less pain now, I don't get exhausted as quickly, and even things like my vision and my breathing have improved.

While it's not fun to have, it's at least treatable!

4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Is insulin resistance. I got an excellent book, "The Nutritional Guide For Syndrome X." All of the Suzanne Somers diet books have a forward, written by a doc, which explains IR.

Cutting processed foods, white flour, white rice (except Basmati), sugar, and white potatoes will go a long way in stopping the effects of IR.

Love, Mikie

[ advertisement ]