HNY - Syndrome X

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cred, Dec 31, 2005.

1. cred

cred New Member

Have you guys heard of this? Syndrome x, sugar problems, triglycerides, weight, muscle, bp, ?
    Any who with all the joys of FM/ cfs i can now add "abnormal heart beat" to the list. UGH
    Any who... Happy New Year fibromites!
  2. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

My Dr. told me I had Syndrome X and explained it as a combination of diabetes, high blood pressure and high cholesterol. However I've heard other people use the words 'Syndrome X' to describe other disorders - I don't know what that's all about - just what my Dr. told me.

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  3. Alyndra

Alyndra New Member

After an alarmingly large amount of weight gain, I was sent to an endocrinologist that diagnosed with me Metabolic X Syndrome.

In May of 2004 I weighed about 170. Around Christmas time last year I had gotten up to 200. Then it really got out of hand, and within 4 months I weighed just short of 300lbs. There was a point when I was gaining 2-3 lbs each day, and my skin was being stretched so much and so quick that instead of stretch marks; my skin just split.

I've been taking 4000mg of Metformin for it, and since September I have lost 50 lbs without making any changes to what I eat; or how much I exercise.

I have significantly less pain now, I don't get exhausted as quickly, and even things like my vision and my breathing have improved.

While it's not fun to have, it's at least treatable!

~Amanda
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Is insulin resistance. I got an excellent book, "The Nutritional Guide For Syndrome X." All of the Suzanne Somers diet books have a forward, written by a doc, which explains IR.

Cutting processed foods, white flour, white rice (except Basmati), sugar, and white potatoes will go a long way in stopping the effects of IR.

Love, Mikie