holding head cocked to the right/left WHY?????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lynncats, May 5, 2009.

1. lynncats

lynncats New Member

Hi all. I've been noticing that when I'm watching TV, or on computer, that I keep my head cocked either to the right or left, ususally to the right, it is so much more comfortable that way, then keeping my head straight.

I have FM, DDD, scoliosis, any plenty more. Anyone have a clue as to why I would be sitting this way?? Don't even know which of my DR's to ask.

Thank you so much.

2. 3gs

3gs New Member

When I walk into my chrio's with my neck tilted to one side he lets me know I waited to long to get in.

Mine is from my muscles spasming and getting tight. I know its time for chrio(like right now Im doing it).

do you see one? could be you are out of aligment.
  3. lynncats

lynncats New Member

thank you so much for the input. No, I don't see a chiro at this time, but hey, you never know. I'll ask one of my drs. at next appt. It's really weird.

Take care! and have a good day!
  4. 3gs

3gs New Member

Hi again

just a thought try warm packs on neck to lossen up(are your shoulder muscles tight?) gently tilt head to other side to try and stretch muscles

hope this helps and good day back!
  5. lynncats

lynncats New Member

I sure will try that. My neck and shoulders do get tight at times, but not always. And when I'm sitting like I do, sideways, for some reason is so more comfortable, but sometimes I'm not even aware of when I'm doing it. WEIRD!!!!! Once again, thank you sooooo much. This board is really a blessing, as are the people.

[This Message was Edited on 05/05/2009]
  6. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

I do this alot too because my brain has been impacted neurologically by CFS and FMS and I'm trying to compensate. It's related to my feelings of imbalance.

There are times in the past when I was working when it was because of muscle tension/spasms but that's not usually a problem for me now.

7. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

my head is always more comfortable tilted to the right. ever since mono (and the resulting CFS), one of my right axillary lymph node has been achey and a little swollen, on and off. the right side was affected more by the virus. tilting my head gives the node a little more room i guess....
    [This Message was Edited on 05/05/2009]
  8. lynncats

lynncats New Member

ladybugmandy and teejkay: Thank you so much for responding. I just find this so weird. I'm gonna mention it to my pc dr. when I go in for the results of my gallbladder test. I hope you both are having a good day!!

9. inbetweendays

inbetweendays New Member

it could be brain related....or neurological....or a way the brain compensates...remember the brain is affected in this disease....and you have to think out of the box. also, i had this problem, and i think it could be thyroid related....there are over 100 symptoms of low thyroid, but we just hear a few of them...some can also be unique to the person...don't overlook thyroid problems---
  10. lynncats

lynncats New Member

Thanks a bunch. My doctor doesn't think it's thyroid related, did a temp check for a week, and mine, she says, was normal. Anyway, thanks for responding, it, like I've said in other post, is weird. If it is brain related, how would one know? I've got lots of, what I say is problems with thinking, comprehending, putting words together (without really concertraiting), counting certain things, ie: and this is stupid, but..... here we go, I count everything, how many times I swallow, wipe my hands, it usually has to be an even number.....no go figure, my sister noticed this in me, and I was like WOW! Sorry this is sooooo long, but besides my sister, I've never mentioned this to anyone, even hubby/doctors and this board. Anyway, thanks for listening.