Holes in my bones

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Adl123, Jan 26, 2006.

1. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

Dear All,
    I went to a Rheumy for the first time, for Rheumatoid Arthritis. Among other tests, he did an MRI of my hands. It seems that I have holes in some of my knuckle joints. The Dr. said it looked as if someone had scooped out parts of the knuckles, but not to worry, it could be normal. Soooo, I will have to wait for 3 weeks until my blood tests and all the others are evaluated.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any idea as to what it could be? I have some pockets of chronic infection in my jaws, maybe it is becoming a systemic bone infection. Who knows? I hate to wait three weeks, without any idea of what it could be! I'm too old to be patient. LOL.

Thanks,
    Terry
  2. BabiCati

BabiCati New Member

I am going through something similar but the holes are in my jaw bone. I have already had two traumatic bone cysts removed from the jaw bone and the Drs are stumped. I have never had x-rays of my hands, I wonder what they would show?

Let us know what happens. I am in the process of figuring this out too, when I know more I will let you know.

Lourdes
  3. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

More people out there must know about this ..:)
  4. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

for your responses.
    Yes, I did have a bone density test and my bones are fine. I was surprised that when they did the test they only Xrayed my left upper leg, though.

I'll just have to wait.
    Thanks, again.
    Terry