Holiday card purchases that support research

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mezombie, Nov 14, 2008.

1. mezombie

mezombie Member

The National CFIDS Foundation is selling holiday cards. This is an organization run solely by volunteers, and the proceeds of card sales go directly to research.

You can view and purchase the cards directly at Or, you can go to the organization's website,, move your mouse over the "research" title toward the top of the page, and click on "fundraising shop".

Another way of supporting the National CFIDS Foundation is to use igive. com for your online purchases and designate NCF as your charity. Igive will donate a percentage of each of your purchases directly to NCF. To do this, go to, scroll down the left hand margin, and click on the igive icon.

This is an easy way to get your holiday shopping done AND support research!

[This Message was Edited on 11/14/2008]
  2. SpecialK82

SpecialK82 New Member

I'd love to buy my holiday cards from the Nat'l CFIDS Foundation however I couldn't locate it on the website.

It's probably right in front of me and I'm missing it - would you mind telling me how to navigate to it?

3. gapsych

gapsych New Member

I ordered cards today. I liked the way that it was generic and just said, "Peace" on the inside.

The very short explanation on the back is very readable.

If people are looking for more specific cards for Christmas, Hanukkah, these may not be for you.

Thanks and a bump!!!

SpecialK- I copied and paste in Google and got right to the site. I have often had problems getting to a website recommended when doing this. Keep trying!!

4. mezombie

mezombie Member

Hi, SpecialK/Kristina, I edited my first post so you and others can hopefully find the cards. It is definitely a bit confusing!

Gapsych, I'm sure the NCF (and all of us!) appreciate your support!
  5. mezombie

mezombie Member

6. SpecialK82

SpecialK82 New Member

Thanks for the extra direction for us brainfogged - I found it!

The cards are beautiful, I will definitely order :)

7. mezombie

mezombie Member

You're welcome, SpecialK82!

One of the things that's nice about these cards is that there's plenty of room to write "Merry Christmas", "Happy Hanukah", or a special note.

8. gapsych

gapsych New Member

Mezombie, great suggestion. Duh, I am so brain fogged!!

Here is a bump for a good cause!!!

9. mezombie

mezombie Member

Here's another bump for the weekend viewers.
  10. gapsych

gapsych New Member

I received my cards today. Yipppeee!!

I really like the design.

11. findmind

findmind New Member

Can you read bigmama2's post entitled "I don't care about CFS/ME, etc".

I gave my reasons why I don't support the CAA anymore, and made some claims I think are true. I got a lot of polite disagrements, but I know I was on to something when I wrote it, but can't explain it further, in a way thay would show how the CDC, the CAA and NIH are actually perpetuating the myth that all people with CFS (They don't even use CFIDS anymore, do they?) have only CF, even if they do call it a devastating illness, then they perpetuate CBT and GET for treatment.

Our drs read this crap and we are left stranded again. I'm sure Dr. Vernon is there to spruce things up, and she surely knows the truth about this illness, and she supposedly has set up some "amazing" new research.

I say even tho' the uncovered the CDCs stealing CFIDS research money, now with Kim Cleary calling or Bill Reeves to resign, it's proof they were first complicit and now the pot is calling the kettle black in some way.

I support the NCF and their science approach, but I don't know how to compare to two organizations, except that the country-wide awareness campaign did inform more of an illness, but again, exercise and CBT were spread to the country which has not helped our cause at all in the long run.

Would love for you to look at that post and help me out, please!