Holiday Recipe Thread - good way to save??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TwinMa, Oct 19, 2005.

1. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

Does anyone know a nifty way to save all the wonderful recipes that are being posted on the Holiday Recipe Thread?

I've tried to cut and paste into Word and the formatting makes even page 1 of the post into 27 pages! I tried to remove the formatting by doing "Convert Table to Text" and that helps some, but it's still not great.

I guess I could just cut and paste individual recipes.

Any suggestions? I love all those recipes!

Katy
  2. JLH

JLH New Member

I guess I don't understand how you are doing it now to get 27 pages out of page 1!

When you find the recipe that you want...

* highlight that part only,
    * minimize that screen,
    * and go to Word (which you have already opened and have minimized)
    * maximize Word
    * go to Edit and Paste what you have highlighted
    * then Save what you just did in Word

repeat the same every time you find another recipe that you want to copy. You can keep saving the recipes on the same Word document.

or .... you can save them into an Excel document - whichever program that you can work the best in.

Hope this helps.

Janet
  3. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

Your version works much better than mine! I was doing a Select All, Copy, and then pasting into Word. That's how I got 27 pages. Yikes!

I tried your method with just copying the recipes I wanted and am down to 9 pages from the 1st page of the post.

Much better! Thank you!

Katy
  4. JLH

JLH New Member

Glad it worked!!!!

I didn't know if I was describing it good enough to work for you or not!!!!!

I know how to do stuff on the computer, but have a hard time trying to explain it to someone else!!!!

Janet