Holidays are coming and ACKKKKK need devine help!

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Jane_Canuck, Jun 1, 2004.

1. Jane_Canuck

Jane_Canuck New Member

Hi all!

Sat June 5th is my b-day which is normally way lotsa fun but it is soooooo mixed this year!

I came to Ohio a year ago to get married to a wonderful man. I never expected whatelse would happen however.

It was the worst year of my life for my FMS. My favorite cat was killed by hubby's 25 year old son. (poisened when ingested some weed. I could still kill that bugger for that)

My hubby had 2 knee replacement surgeries and was off work for 9 months and 1 of those months without pay. This has caused a bankruptsy since his late wife left him with over $27 000 of completely unknown bills until the creditors started calling with the bills.

I want the Lord in the right time to move us from Ohio as I know if we stay it will literally be the death of both of us. His kids are not healthy and need to start acting like adults. They are 35, 30, 27. It has been a hard year getting used to being a step mom and literally knowing when to "step" in and say what when.

This week my drivers liscense expires. So we have to drive back to BC Canada (just above WA State) to get it renewed since I do not have INS paperwork yet to get a socail and get American ID.

THis is ok, but it is a 9 day trip with literally most of it on the raod straight there and almost straight back. That is a long 39 hour drive.

Due to my hubby being off for 9 months his salary was cut to half pay and so he has only had 2 paychecks since he has gone back to work. So money is VERY tight.

that is prayer request #1 that we have all the funds to do exactly what we need to do while we are gone.

We had a dog sitter all lined up for my babies, all 5 of them and she has suddenly disappeared! We are freaking out! She said she would charge us $12 a day for all 5 which is a HHUGE blessing! Every where else it is between $300 - $500! Just for a week. She runs a rescue and we got one of our beagles from her. I am not sure why we are not connecting with her but something is wrong.

the second prayer request is that we get a dog sitter that is perfect for our needs and budget! Someone who I know will look after my dogs as I would and love them just as much! No request is too big for God!

We need safety in travelling esp since I can only drive one day until we get the liscense renewed! So hubby is almost doing all the driving up! He said he will sleep while I drive so that he is rested. This scares me a bit. As we have only ever gone on one big trip so far and that was our wedding to TN. I know he has driven all over the USA for business and is used to going long distancees but he is not exactly as young as he used to be and he also has developed a cateract in one eye so I am worried he will tax himself way too much.

WEll this is enough of a list for now. Sorry to burden everyone but I have not had a church family around me at all since i Have moved and I miss my dear prayer warrior friends.

I have to keep remembering the one verse: I lift my eyes up to the mountains where my help comes from.

I know God has a perfect plan in all of this I want to be able to be still enough to hear it. I also want my hubby to hear His still sweet voice as well.

TYVM Brenda
  2. Scoobsmom

Scoobsmom New Member

I have a wonderful pet sitter....Tender loving pet care is the name of the business (hope I can put that in)...I am in the Cleveland area..outside of Cleveland, so do not know if this will help. I will pray for all your requests..and

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!
  3. Jane_Canuck

Jane_Canuck New Member

We are in Chillicothe and have no such service down here.

Sooo that is the pitts. We just had the one lady we really wanted call FINALLY and say that she was going to Florida.

SO now we have EXtremely limited options Ugh,,,,,

waiting for another shoe to fall.....
  4. monkeykat

monkeykat Member

Hi Brenda,

I just responded to someone else that I have been reminding myself of God's covenant names with us. I thought I'd post them for you too. I've been meditating on them and thanking God that he is not a liar. He is faithful when we are faithless. I hope they inspire your faith also.

Jehovah Shammah: The Lord is Present (made nigh by the blood of Christ)
    Jehovah Shalom: The Lord is our Peace (the chastisement of our peace was upon him)
    Jehovah Ra-ah: The Lord is my Shepherd (he became our shepherd by giving his life for the sheep…part of atonement)
    Jehovah Jireh: The Lord will Provide (the Lord himself was the offering provided on Calvary)
    Jehovah Nissi: The Lord our Banner or Victor (by spoiling principalities and powers on the cross)
    Jehovah Tsidkenu: The Lord our Righteousness (He opened the way for every sinner to receive the gift of righteousness)
    Jehovah Rapha: I am the Lord that Healeth thee or The Lord our Physician (This is also in the atonement…for he himself took our infirmities and bare our sicknesses)

Psalm 23 gives us a picture of these same covenant names:

The Lord is my shepherd,
    I shall not want.
    He makes me lie down in green pastures,
    He leads me beside still waters.
    He restores my soul;
    He leads me in paths of righteousness
    for His name’s sake.

Yea, though I walk through the valley
    of the shadow of death,
    I will fear no evil;
    For you are with me;
    your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

You prepare a table before me
    in the presence of my enemies;
    You anoint my head with oil,
    my cup runs over.
    Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
    All the days of my life;
    And I will dwell in the house
    of the Lord forever.

You are in my prayers today:)
    Monkeykat
  5. Jane_Canuck

Jane_Canuck New Member

Hi saw it was prayer night and I do need some so thought I would bump this.

Having a horrid day. Today, last year my poor kitty died. So ithas been bad. I also just made an appt to have my other cat put down. He will be going to the vet tomorrow.

He is 28 years old and has a thyroid issue. It was under control for quite some time but last Nov his meds just stopped working altogether. So he has slowing been fading away.

I noticed today that his kidneys are stopping up, his pee had nothing but bubbles in it. So it is kinda time.

Since I am going on holidays Sat I thought that if I put him down tomorrow that it would be easier to come home and not have him here.

So I am having a bit of a struggle today and I know tomorrow will just be awful.

TYVM to anyone who is reading this and praying for me and my household.

Brenda
  6. Jane_Canuck

Jane_Canuck New Member

Hi Monkeycat

TYVM for that listing. I have actually always wanted it but never found it.

I have been to to many churches where they do not want to incorperate what the Jews have always known and that is the list you gave. I wish I could find a messianic church here as that is definately more along my way of thinking with a little pentacostal thrown in lol!

Anyhow tyvm for praying for me I feel quiet alone at times when all I have is my hubby and animals. It is esp bad when my best friend in the whole world is being put down today.

Anyhow I made a post about going on holidays in Chit chat and the FMS board I callled it Leaving for Canada.

TC and TYVM again Brenda