Discussion in 'Caregivers' started by tom-r, Dec 24, 2003.

1. tom-r

tom-r New Member

Hope that all you care givers are ready for the Holidays? This is where we get to really impress everybody. Then when the day is done and everybody has gone home, we still have hours of work ahead of us just to clean up.

Unless you get lucky enough to go to somebody elses house, then it is easier. My wife isn't able to go other places very often so we stay at home and have a few family come here. Well hope you all have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Tom
  2. igiveup

igiveup New Member

For holidays ---- Im a care giver to mother age 87 and husband age 64 he is a home body tv watcher and recliner warmer ,,, so holidays are just like any other day , We cross over the breezeway on to mothers sun room and were there ,, so dinners are cooked at my house and I transport the food to her house ,,dishes are done and cross over back to my house ,I do my dishes ,,mothers family are too old and bitchy , so I don't care if they stay home ,,and mother has a mouth so she tells it like it is get it !!,,,, husbands family dont even call him , the holidays are hard for me ,,,everyone has their own family and friends ,besides I cant leave mother if husband and I are in vited out so my friends dont invite us , care givers are tied down and not so free ,,,,,but I do love to see others have a good time ,,,, glad its only a one day thing ,,,, but all in all today was ok no arguements ,, So how was everyone Christmas ,,, are you left home alone too
  3. tom-r

tom-r New Member

I think this pretty much sums it up at times, I don't feel like this all the time, but I do sometimes. In my situation my wife has to get her rest to be able to take care of our son while I am at work.

So when I work nights, like now, I watch our son so she can try to rest so she can take over when it is time for me to leave for work.

My wife has CFS/FMS and has a hard time getting through life on a daily basis. I don't know how bad she feels but by the way she looks at times I would guess she feels pretty bad.

It is a good thing that she is a strong person, I know that if I was in her shoes I don't know how I would handle this illness.

Well got to go and make the little guy lunch, have a Happy New Year, Tom