Holistic Doc has done the trick!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ericdinbstn, Jun 2, 2009.

1. ericdinbstn

ericdinbstn New Member

I posted in April about my visit to an integrative medical doc and all that I found out. In the last seven or so weeks I have cut out gluten, cow's milk, peanuts from my diet. I took the list of supplements that the labs indicated I need and went to Whole Foods (thank goodness for them btw). I've been getting weekly vitamin IV infusions (Mg/B12). For the first time in four years I actually have some stamina again, I don't feel like collapsing every day after work, I don't sleep away full weekends. Don't get me wrong I have my bad days still (still on my pain meds). But I can't believe the improvement in such a short period of time. I hope it continues.

I have to ask you all something though. Last week I met with an allergist and had allergy testing to see if I have allergies to any neurotransmitters. It turns out that Serotonin, Melatonin, and Dopamine are things I demonstrated an allergic reaction to. Has anyone else had this or heard of this? They're working up some kind of drops to counteract. But I can't seem to find any information on this anywhere. That said, if it helps, I'm good.

I've even been doing yoga (on my Wii Fit) for at least 3-5 days a week. I'm getting into clothes I haven't been able to wear in 2 years. Anyone who can find access to this kind of care, I completely recommend it. I'm in MA my doc is on the good doctors list his name is Dr. Glen Rothfeld.

Gentle hugs to you all. Thanks for the opportunity to share.
  2. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

That's really good news. I think all docs should be integrative docs!

3. ulala

ulala New Member

B12 and magnesium. After the infusion I felt completely normal for 2-3 days. Haven't been albe to find a docotr in L.A. to give me this infusion. Glad to hear you're doing so well!
  4. panthere

panthere Member

Have you tried dr. Gruenn's office? They do bunch of infusions there and he was very receptive to me telling him exactly what i wanted in my drip.
  5. babyk902

babyk902 New Member

congrats on feeling so well. i hope that you continue getting better it seems like ur in the hands of a good doc.

i'm in long island so i'm not too far away, i wonder if there's any kind of doctor thats similar to yours in my area. I was wondering what kind of supplements you were on that you were indicated to take? what made you cut out gluten, cow's milk and peanuts, were you sensitive to them before or had some sort of allergy?

I'm so jealous you have wii fit by the way!!! i've been dying to get it but haven't had the chance yet... that's amazing that you can use it for yoga! keep that up, from what i've heard yoga is so medicinal esp for people with cfs.

hope to hear from u soon
    best wishes
  6. Catseye

Catseye Member

Sounds great, sounds like you're doing the right stuff!

What are these drops supposed to consist of? Are they drugs or allergens?

Serotonin is produced in the guts and if you are having allergy problems, I would suspect dysbiosis. Are you on a low carb diet? Eliminating wheat, dairy and peanuts is pretty basic and it's good that you've done that but have you given up carbs and sugars too? Have you done a CDSA - comprehensive digestive stool analysis?
  7. ulala

ulala New Member

Yes, I've seen Dr. Gruenn ini the past. I think I may have had an IV of only magnesium. THe definitely didn't want to do an IV push of the combo or any IV push. Whatever I had didn't help me and it was expensive to see Dr. Gruenn and have the IV. THe last time that I saw Dr. Gruenn he didn't take insurance. I was seeing Dr. Holtorf at that time and the expense was too much for me. Talk about adding to the stress. Do you know if Dr.Gruenn takes insurance now?

I call his office and check his rates and prices for IV infusions. The IV push was the best for me.

Thanks for the info!
  8. simonedb

simonedb Member

very cool, congrats on the improvements.
    I took the alcat food sensitivity test year ago and tested ok for peanuts and sunflower seeds but dont eat peanuts much although I have loved sunflower seeds and sunbutter for years, jamin and others do ya think i am getting bad mold off that?
  9. shelbo

shelbo New Member

here in the UK it's in so much stuff! :(
  10. simpsons

simpsons Member

this is very good the new test by Prof K de M is interesting the toxic gas is increased by wine eggs wheeat dairy yeast check out the posts some clever people have posted. i think your dr is on the right track.

if you have stomach problems maybe discuss with your good dr pro biotics. dairy free ones of course

not sure about the allergist stuff though

the b12 jabs have worked wonders for me too. with both pain energy and cognitive stuff.

really pleased for you i feel natural is the way forward. i use echinacea as well guess you would need to check that with your dr. not everyone agrees with it but i find it invaluable.

fantastic news hope you just get better and better
  11. carbecca

carbecca New Member

So glad you are feeling better. Yoga is great for fm. I have had this for 30 years but only got diagoused about 10 years ago. At least you can take pain meds I can't. One thing that is really helping me is the detox foot baths you may have heard about. First time my water turned black. I t is really great for making those trigger point soreness go away to about the size of a quarter. When I started the trigger point on the side of my leg between hip and knee was about 6" x 9". I,m a believer what can I say,,,,I love it when guys do yoga.
    Never heard of being allgeric to nerotransmitters. Read several of you had the B12 I developed this anemia this year but though that it came for the H-pyloria I suffer with last year. I looking for a good holistic doctor in Louisville,Ky. can anyone out there help?[This Message was Edited on 06/04/2009]