Holly

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by windblade, Sep 18, 2009.

1. windblade

windblade Active Member

Hi - I just wanted to say that I think that you should wait until you have a therapist to do any dialogs or anything that scares you! You have very good self-awareness to know that's what you need.

Hooray - your social worker is trying to change your insurance so you will have a therapist! Now we know just what to pray for!

You've been through so much, physically and emotionally. I hope that you will find some gentle things in life to enjoy for awhile.

I purposely get a stash of light books from the library along with a few serious ones, and I read when I have emotional pain. It gives me a break from it.

I really admire your courage, and also your wisdom which is telling you to go very, very slowly, and to wait for a therapist.

God's strong and tender blessings to you!

Love, Judy
  2. soulight

soulight New Member

I have been thinking about this a lot and I agree. I just feel that I need someone to "go there with me" . I can't take the journey by myself right now. With the major surgery coming up , I don't think that I can handle preparing for that and opening up my past sexual abuse for the first time without a counselor.

Thank you so much for caring for me . I'm glad you brought this up because I feel even stronger about waiting now.

Love, Holly