Holter monitor

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by CheerBear, Jan 6, 2004.

1. CheerBear

CheerBear New Member

Has anyone been on a Holter monitor? How does it feels like? How should one record down what he/she is doing as clearly as possible on the given diary? Are there anythings that need to be taken note of when on the monitor?
  2. LPN_11

LPN_11 New Member

I spent a time on a holter monitor, and the best thing I can tell you is....
    If you feel a palpitation write it down, time you had it and what it felt like IE: racing, fluttery ect..
    If you get dizzy write it down, it really is not a big thing, if you miss something it will pick it up.
    It should not hurt, it is simply 4 leads put in four places to pick up heart rate, rhythmn and irregularities.
    I found out with mine that I had bradycardia with intermittent periods of supraventricular tachycardia with some afib thrown in for good measure. I went to have it checked out deeper, and ended up with a dual demand pacemaker and honestly have never felt better in all of my born days--- My hands and feet were warm for the first time I could ever remember, I had a ton of energy, I know what tired in earnest feels like instead of lethargy. I honestly before I got my pacer could sleep for 23 hours and wake up for an hour and sleep another 24. I could set in 100 degree weather and never break a sweat and never get warm.
    All I can say is thank god for the holter monitor. If it would not have been for that technology I would have been in some very serious trouble!
    Good luck and do not stress it at all, it will come out for the best and if there is a problem they will know how to manage it. But my prayers are with you.