Holter wasn't on Laughing and crying at the same time.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lenasvn, Jan 25, 2007.

1. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

I wore a holter for 24 hours. As I can home a huncch- don't know what. I called in and said I saw nothing on the screen and wondered if it was really on. They said the screen fades after a while.

As I returned it the doc looked at it, called back and said the monitor had turned off after I wore it for 15 minutes!!

That was such a BUMMER- especially since I happened to have some of my worst and significant events as I wore it! I just banged my head in the wall,,,,LOL! Love my doc and his nurses, but I don't like his monitor!

It would be like winning the lottery to have such a 24 hour period again ( with my most significant symptoms present)as I have to wear it again next week.

Please pat me on the back, I need it,,,,LOL!
  2. Grace4today

Grace4today New Member

I have done two 48 hr. holters, and both times had absolutely none of the symptoms I normally have. (the monitor kept working though) My dr. just laughed and said it's often that way...really hard to actually catch what you are looking for. It reminds me of when my kids were little and having to rush them into emerg in the middle of the night for something, only to have them appear fine by the time they see the doctor.
  3. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

That's so true!

One good thing is that my BP monitor has a memory, and I have been able to record some BP and Tachy events that way.

I noticed with kids that they have a high fever, you go to the doc, and voila'- the fever is gone! The doc ask: How are you feeling, and the child says "fine!"