"Holy Basil" - WONDERFUL for stress

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by meditationlotus, Jan 19, 2005.

1. meditationlotus

meditationlotus New Member

Just wanted to let all of you know that a friend of mine went to an alternative health Doctor for CFS and he recommended "Holy Basil" for stress. She tried it and said that it was wonderful. I have tried it and have to agree with her. It removes sress and helps your mood without fatigue or sedation. Therefore, it also helps your enery level. Also, I have found large doses (six grams) of fish oil to help energy and mood.
  2. toadgoddess

toadgoddess New Member

Thanks for the info. I have heard this, as well but it had gotten lost in a dark, dusty corner of my brain. I'll have to try.

3. rdthewave

rdthewave New Member

One might be careful with this one if they have deficient levels of cortisol.

4. shelbo

shelbo New Member

Could I ask MeditationLotus what brand and dose you friend takes? And does she take it at night or in the am, with food or without? Thanks :)

And Rdthewave: what is the cortisol thing about you mentioned? Thanks :)

I just bought some of this. :)
  5. hermitlady

hermitlady Member

Maybe I need some. Anything that can help me survive this rough time I'm living thru. I'm getting stress thrown at me from so many different directions, I can't seem to dodge any of it.

Crying lots, exhausted, isolating, wanting to sleep to escape...I always end up doing all of this typical depr stuff over and over no matter what. I am not enjoying anything in my messed up life right now.

And I'm just about ready to toss all my meds and give up. I'm so tired of it all and can never find any solutions. How do you take care of yourself when you just don't care anymore? That's where I am.

Thanks for the info. I'll add it to my list of "should try" remedies.

6. greatgran

greatgran Member

Oh how I wish we could talk.. I so agree and feel every word you wrote . Sounds like you were describing me.. Hope you see this if so I will try to get my email to you if you are interested..

7. babyk902

babyk902 New Member

i made a post a few months or weeks ago about something called TULSI tea and something called Dr. Miller's holy tea.. tulsi tea is just another name for Holy Basil and Dr Miller's holy tea contains Holy Basil as one of the ingredients... i recommend drinking these as OFTEN as possible, these have helped me tremendously.. drinking one as we speak as a matter of fact!

not only are they good for stress and mood levels, but it is anti-bacterial and anti-viral, along with MANY other benefits.

it has also really helped me with my liver, my doctor has not had to prescribe me anything for my liver since he said my liver has been better than ever lately, and my energy has increased dramatically, so I haven't felt the need for it either. love this stuff, everyone needs to drink up! if you want to know where to get some, let me know. [This Message was Edited on 08/25/2009]
  8. hermitlady

hermitlady Member

babyk--So, where do you get the Tulsi Tea? Does it taste good or nasty (like a lot of the herbal teas IMO). I'm willing to try it anyway. Is there a pill form of the same stuff?

GG-- Sorry we're in the same boat so to speak. I'm such a mess and would love to get in touch w you. How? I just slept almost 18 hrs straight and cannot seem to get myself moving. I hate feeling like this!
  9. babyk902

babyk902 New Member

i buy mine from my local health food store, n have also bought it online.. it's a brand called organic india, if you go to your local health food store im sure you'll find it, otherwise you can just google it and it will come right now.. there are atleast 10 different flavors and theyre all delicious.. i can't get enough of them. my faves are raspberry peach, pomegranate green, and the passion fruit.. i'm sure youll like them also.

i dont think that there's a pill form of it and if there is i don't know how much it would really do i would suggest drinking the teas but that's my opinion!