HOLY COW anyone manage to activate/ use MP3 player?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by sleepyinlalaland, Apr 21, 2007.

1. sleepyinlalaland

sleepyinlalaland New Member

I finally did it. Went out and PURCHASED one of those fangled things. I've been introduced to so much new music on sites like NPR and Salon, which offer several free songs a day...and I've always wanted a way to save and replay them (just for starters...).

I thought with a free hour and clear instructions, I could step-by-step get my new device (Sansa, not Ipod) set up. Before even beginning, I mentioned it to 23 year old daughter on the phone, saying I may be asking for some help. Her response, "YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING!"

Hours, DAYS later...DANG!, she was so right. I am SO confused.

Not asking for help (sure to confuse me further), just feeling powerful need to vent. There's a number for technical support, but I think that'd just blow me away too. Looks like I'll need to HIRE a techie. Dang, double dang.
  2. MarisaF

MarisaF New Member

I also just bought an MP3 Player, a Sansa just like yours. The CD has instructions on it, but not very vlean (at least to me) I ended up just fooling around with the darn thing until it worked. I just pressing buttons. I had to download songs into my computer from my CD's then upload those same songs into my MP3 player. Took me 3 days to figure it out. Anyway, if I can do it anyone can, it just takes longer.
  3. sleepyinlalaland

sleepyinlalaland New Member

Hi Marisa, sounds like you're already ahead of me, what with downloading (uploading?) CDs to your computer. Congratulations on finally figuring yours out. People proficient always say "just keep pushing buttons". Usually when I do, I just end up creating hopeless mess that no one can untangle.

Ha ha Noenergy...boy, that took me back. Yeah, I also miss the days when a quick and cheap trick was just taping a penny to the arm of the needle! While I appreciate the wonders of all this new stuff (or are we bewitched by it), I also kinda wish I could just turn on a TV without 3 remotes, and maybe even opt to struggle to listen to a radio station that doesn't have a strong enough signal to let a digital tuner tune in to it. I may be getting too old for the TRADE-OFFS involved in technological "improvements"!

(I WILL get this figured out some day...just need a long stretch of UNINTERRUPED time, and maybe the 800 number)
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I got a Razr phone and bought the extra storage chip and ear buds to use it as an MP3 player. It took forever for me to figure out how to <b>rip</b> songs from my CD's, <b>burn</b> them to my hard drive, and then, <b>sync</b> them to my phone. Oy!

The whole process is sooooo cumbersome. No wonder people like their Ipods--so much easier to use. I have to say, though, now that I know how to download my tunes, I'm lovin' the phone/MP3.

Love, Mikie
  5. pat460

pat460 New Member

It's setting here on my desk now challenging, intimidating, and laughing at me! What a waste of good money for something that makes me feel like an idiot! Don't know if she'll ever hear a song on it. LOL! It reminds of the VCR blinking clock problem I finally solved--I made sure my new DVD player didn't have one! Smart solution huh? See, this technical stuff can't get the best of me forever. LOL!