Home Again, Thank God

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Mikie, Oct 27, 2005.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Just got home about two hours ago and our power just came one about an hour ago. Thanks for all your prayers and good wishes. My prayers go out to all who are still without power and those who suffered damage. My neighbors tell me this was worse than Hurricane Charley even though it did less damage here.

I am exhausted but glad to be home. I'll post a new picture of my Grandbaby, Andy, as soon as I get settled.

I'm going back to Rome, Ga to look for homes at Thanksgiving. I looked a several but nothing I wanted to buy. I'll keep y'all posted. I am in love with Rome and it's an easy hour drive to Atlanta.

It's just hard to get used to the cold, even though the climate in GA isn't severe. Guess I'm just a parrot head at heart, but these horrible storms are getting to me. Also, I am missing too much by being so far from Little Andy. He's precious!

Love, Mikie
  2. ckk

ckk New Member

that your home safe and sound, now get some well deserved sleep and maybe we will hear from you soon, take care of yourself and don't overdo it.

ckk
  3. elsa

elsa New Member

You presence was definately missed. I'm glad you made it home safe and sound. Great timing with your power returning too!

I attended a wedding several years back in Rome. I can see why you have fallen in love with it. I guess being that close to your grandchild has absolutely nothing to do with liking Rome?!

I too am a parrot head at heart ... displaced, with my nose pressed against the window looking longingly towards the south. I'll return one day! Until then, "bloom where you are planted"!

Glad you had a great visit and a safe journey home.

Take care,

Elsa
  4. Tigger57

Tigger57 New Member

Mikie,
    Glad you're home and o.k. I've been worried because you weren't here.

Can't wait to see the picture of "Little Andy".

Hugs,
    Tigger
  5. windblade

windblade Active Member

Welcome Home!

It's so good to hear you're safely home with the power back on too.

I'm from New Jersey - I can't imagine Georgia being cold.
    However I once visited Florida in November, and that was
    plenty hot for me. Went swimming -got sunburned - totally
    loved how lush all the flowers and palms were. Felt surronded by so much beauty.

Looking forward to seeing pic. of your little grandbaby,
    Andy.

God bless,
    windblade
  6. ChattyCathy

ChattyCathy New Member

Great to hear from you....prayers are with you during this time...
  7. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Mikie,
    I don't blame you at all for wanting to move to be closer to your grandson.
    Rome, GA, sounds like a really nice place.

When we were going through GA in 2000, on our way to FL, I found GA to be the hottest state I had ever been in. I think it was Blair, GA. Something like that near I 95.

I couldn't live in FL with all the hurricanes. My nerves would just be too bad. I'm glad I live in VA and don't have the constant challenges of the hurricanes coming. Of course the snow and ice isn't much fun either. lol

Bad enough where we are not too far from Richmond. lol

Hugs,
    Faye
  8. nina2

nina2 New Member

So happy to hear all is well with you.

Home is where the heart is , and it looks as though yours is headed towards Rome, Ga.

Hope you find a place soon so you can spend lots of time with Little Andy.

nina
  9. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I so appreciate your concern, good wishes, and prayers. It is wonderful to have power and be able to take a hot shower again. We forget how wonderful those little things in life are until we lose them.

I slept like the dead last night with my Klonopin and Doxepin. I forgot to take the Doxepin with me, so I took Children's Benadryl instead with the Klonopin. It worked well but not as well as the Klonopin/Doxepin combo. I feel really well today except for my hip which aches a tad. It will get worked out today. I have to clean out my fridge/freezer and my neighbor's too. Then, I have to get gas and groceries. I have a busy day ahead.

My Little One's first name is actually Anderson, which is a big name for a little guy. Andy seems to fit him perfectly. He won't be four months old for another week and is already up to 18 pounds. I got a real workout just picking him up and carrying him around. He slept with me every morning after his early feeding so my daughter could get some sleep. I miss him already.

Yes, having my family nearby is factoring into considering moving to Rome, but anywhere I move has to stand on its own as someplace I want to live. The kids could move. My daughter just got layed off but it's OK because she is enjoying being home with the baby. She has a wonderful young nanny who comes in a couple of times a week so she can run errands and just get out for a few hours.

I have my work cut out for me to get this place ready to sell. I'm going up to Atlanta for Thanksgiving and will go house hunting in Rome again.

Take care, my friends, and thanks again for caring so sweetly.

Love, Mikie
  10. mjgkennedy

mjgkennedy New Member

You are home safe and sound. I dont blame you wanting to move from Florida.

My friend is delighted they had sold their house in Naples because of the latest hurricane.

Pray you will find a home in Rome as it would be nice for you not to be too far to visit your grandchild.

Mary
  11. abbylee

abbylee New Member

I live in SC, and one good thing about the climate here is that 3 or 4 days of cold is usually followed by 3 or 4 days of a warm front.

We don't get below freezing more than 8 - 10 days here a year (I think that's correct, I'll ask my husband and if it's wrong I'll correct it.), so all we have to do is hold on for a few days at the time.

On Christmas day in the early 1980's, it was 78 degrees and sunny here! We just never know. It's not unusual to be in the 70's in February and the air conditioners go on some days in March.

Of course the warm fronts kill me pain-wise, so I'd rather have the cold, but I don't want the ice and snow to go with it so I stay here. If we get ice or snow, it usually melts the same day. Most of the time we don't get it, though.

abbylee
  12. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

Hi Mike,
    I just wanted to add my 'glad you're back'. We missed you here. It must have been wonderful being so close to your family.

I hope you find the home you want. Take it easy getting your place ready though.It can take a lot out of you.

We in Canada can't imagine Ga. being that cold!! I do understand that all those storms must be very difficult, though.

Take Care.

Kathy.
  13. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Y'all don't know what your support means to me. I really appreciate it.

It isn't that GA is cold; it's just that after FL, most other places seem cold until one acclimates. It's cool for us here right now but the daytime temps are slowing climbing back up into the low 80's. It's beautiful here except for all the debris and broken trees. What a shame that such a beautiful place could turn into hell with these storms.

Don't know how much I'll be online; there is sooooo much to do. I won't stay away, though. This is my second family. I love you guys!

Love, Mikie

[ advertisement ]