Home from Michigan

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by chrissy12, Oct 25, 2008.

1. chrissy12

chrissy12 New Member

Well, I made it!!! I saw Dr. Lerner on Wednesday and was feeling pretty ill. I was nauseated.
    He and I believe it happened when he started the azithromycin in my IV's. I was taking doxycyline for 4 1/2 weeks when he added the azith.

I came home Thursday and feel a little better. He says I won't feel well until we get all 4 of the infections. My HHV6 is down, but not CMV and EBV. We also have to continue going after the mycoplasma. He is starting me on valcyte in 1 week and then adding avelox, an antibiotic for the mycoplasma. He called me after I saw him and changed it to the avelox from doxycyline. He says there has been some success with this medicine.

I am so happy to be in my own bed and house. It was a long trip and I felt sick most of it. I am glad I did it, but would not want to do it again. It was mentally and physically exhausting.

I appreciate all of you who supported me during this time. It was very helpful.. You are all great!!!!

Thanks!! Cindy
  2. SpecialK82

SpecialK82 New Member

Hey Cindy!

It's so good to hear from you. I am glad to hear that you are finally home! That seemed like a long 6 weeks. Sorry to hear that you are feeling badly, and nausea is the worst :(

I can imagine how draining it was just to be out of your environment and away from your family so maybe just being at home will make you feel better. It certainly makes you appreciate the little things doesn't it?

I can't remember if you had a job. Do you have to go back to work? Hopefully you will have a lot of time to rest at home before thinking about too many responsibilities.

When will he be able to test for the mycoplasma to determine how effective the IV's were? I know it must seem like an endless stream of medicine at times, but you have done so well and you should be proud of yourself for getting through the last 6 weeks. Yay you!

Hugs, Kristina

3. kitteejo

kitteejo Member

I was at Dr. Lerner's office on Friday for my first visit. Reading your statements as well as Ladybug's gave me the encouragement to make the appointment. I figured if you could come all that distance then I should give it a try too. Happy for you that your home. I only live an hour away from his office so I guess I'm pretty lucky. When he asked who recommended me I told him Pro Health message board and he was pretty touched by that. Won't know how he'll treat me until all my test are done.

Rest up and hope you feel better,

4. chrissy12

chrissy12 New Member

He didn't tell me when he was going to test for them. He said something about them having a half life. I was out of it, so I didn't really pick it up.

No, I do not work. I hardly go anywhere. I feel like I have the flu everyday....

I am resting up so I can do some cooking every now and then.

Thanks for your support!!!
  5. chrissy12

chrissy12 New Member

I am glad you decided to go to Dr. Lerners. The more you are with him, the more amazed you will be. He has dedicated his life to trying to help us. He could go off and watch the sunset, but he continues his work.

After you are with him, you will see he is most concerned about your safety. He wants to protect you from anything that could hurt you. He puts you on some heavy duty meds, but he watches them closely.

My IV wasn't going in one hour, so my sister and I had to go to the hospital and have it x-rayed and checked. He doesn't leave anything to chance. After awhile, you will like that because you know he has you first on his mind.

I have really grown to like and respect him.

Wishing you well. Keep us posted...

6. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

congratulations on fiinishing the IV's! i am sure it was exhausting.

you haven't had CFS for very long compared to many people (if i recall correctly) but still have 4 infections! that sucks.

i also love dr. lerner more and more. there is no way i could ever express my gratitude for what he is doing.

i wish we all could somehow raise funds for doctors to go and train with him. i really feel for the people who cannot see dr. lerner...especially those in the UK, who have to still deal with people telling them to see psychiatrists!

7. chrissy12

chrissy12 New Member

Hi Sue,

I agree with your thoughts on Dr. Lerner. I wish someone like him was in everyone's town. He is so special and unique.

We knocked down the hhv6 and hopefully some of the mycoplasma. He is now treating me for the mycoplasma and cmv, ebv. I have to restart valcyte in a week. He knew I was feeling discouraged and he said that I won't feel well until we have all infections down. It gives me hope. I have been sick since Feb., 2006, but in reality I believe it was going on for much longer than that, and I just pushed myself until I dropped in Feb.

I hope all is well with you. I am encouraged to read you are getting some improvement. It gives us hope. Also, Dr. Lerner keeps giving us hope....

Wishing you well,