Homebound Chat #1

Discussion in 'Homebound/Bedbound' started by gb66, May 5, 2014.

1. gb66

gb66 Well-Known Member

We started a homebounder's chat a while back but it was accidentally deleted. It's a place to share whatever is on your mind.

If you'd like to, you can introduce yourself, tell how you first became ill, talk about what you're doing or things you would like to do, or whatever! :)
    Last edited: May 5, 2014
  2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Hi GB

Well, I wasn't sure if I was homebound or not. I seldom leave the house. And
    when I do it's for short trips to the market or the library. And Gordon always drives.

I found Medicare's definition of "confined to the house". Essentially the term
    means an individual cannot leave home without the assistance of another person
    or a devise (sic) such as cane, walker or wheelchair. (Of course the government
    means a "device", not a "devise", but close enough is OK with our government
    unless the subject is your income tax return.) Ha Ha!

So I'm not homebound, but as the old song put it, "Don't get around much anymore".
    (Song was first recorded during WW II, the year I was born by Duke Ellington.

I used to walk Zippy every day, but now that he's gone, I don't do much walking.
    Gordon and I walked around the block 3 times this year, for example.

Oops. Gordon just got back from an orchid auction. Hafta go see what he bought.

Rock
  3. gb66

gb66 Well-Known Member

Rock, I think we've all been homebound at some point. When you have CFS and/or FM you're probably not in the best way. I used to be able to work and go to college when I first got sick.

Then, after having to quit work, I was still able to do some shopping and go on a very low key vacation.
    The last 10 years have been more and more at home.

Gradually, I've become more homebound. I do go out for medical appnts but that's about it. I hurt too much to really enjoy being pushed around in my wheelchair, I've been using it for about 3 years.

If you're in pain it's really hard to enjoy an outing so I just travel on my computer. I have enjoyed interacting with everyone on this board. Slow is my default. I just couldn't keep up with the other boards.

I want EVERYONE to come over and join in on our board! :)

The more the merrier. We all can add so much to each others lives. Ya'll come back now, ya hear! GB66
    Last edited: May 7, 2014
  4. Darrae

Darrae Member

Hi Rock, gb and any others who care to share.

Sadly, I'm more home bound than I was a few months ago. Race from work to bed. Stay in bed all weekend licking my wounds so to speak. Meds, lots of ice, and movies mostly. Except for my only real social outlet.....Saturday night cards with friends for as long as I can still sit up and play.

On the "up" side. The time I'm taking off in a couple weeks will give me a chance to recharge somewhat I hope. I won't be going on a "vacation" per se, but I will be getting some "mend" time. It's morning, so I'm still sort of "fresh" and better able to post a bit. By evening, I will be a train wreck. LOL.

Great day for all,
    Hugz
    Dar :)
  5. gb66

gb66 Well-Known Member

Darrae, I remember when I was working after getting CFS/FM. I had been sick about 7 or 8 years at the time and I used to drag through the day. I'd sometime stop at the store on the way home and grab a few groceries, then struggle to put them away.

On weekends, I just collapsed. Never went anywhere or did anything much, maybe out to dinner once. On Fridays, I used to listen to all the people I worked with planning their weekends.

They would sometimes go out of town to ball games. It sounded like lots of fun but just thinking about it hurt! I never was a very energetic person but this was impossible.

I hope you enjoy your time off. Have fun and rest a lot too. Take care, GB
  6. Darrae

Darrae Member

Hi gb,

I've never actually read or heard anyone describe my own existence so accurately. That is exactly how my life is lived. This is why I originally began visiting the forums. This is most of my social life.

Thank you for sharing that. It's the "knowing" that other people really do understand exactly what you are experiencing that makes you feel less alone. I truly wish that none of us had to deal with these conditions. Wouldn't it be heaven if a definitive cure or treatment could just "magically" be found and we'd all be pain free and full of the energy we so miss?

I listen to co-workers talking about how they mowed their grass over the weekend, planted flowers, went on vacations as the weather has begun to warm up. I think to myself, "I need to rake my yard and get the lawn mower out and mow the grass". "I need to separate some of my plant bulbs in my yard and give some starts to friends". "I need to wash my car and vacuum it out". "I need to scrub the carpets". "I need to dust my house". "I need to clean my closet out". "I need to rearrange my room". "I need to finish painting the still unfinished painting in my home".

But when the weekend comes, and I have the time, it just doesn't happen. I have nothing left to draw upon. Too much pain and not enough umph left to do anything but feed myself and go back to bed. My home is no longer the pristine, warm, inviting sanctuary it once was. Now it just drives me nuts because it's always a mess somewhere and I have so many things started and never finished.

I am sooooo hoping that if I rest well the first few days of my time off that maybe, just maybe, I might get at least one of those "I needs" accomplished. Maybe even two! Thanks again, so much, for sharing. I don't feel quite so guilty about all those "I needs" that I think I need to do.

FM and CFS have to be in the top 10 when it comes to messing with those of us who used to be perfectionists. Before I got sick, I was athletic, energetic, a total social butterfly, and a total go-getter. I expected to be the best at everything I did. I expected excellence and was a doggedly "driven" sort of person. The perfectionist still lives in here. The drive is still in here. Hence, I drive myself until I drop.

I will do my level best to rest up and try to stop beating myself up over the "I needs". You are right. I do need to rest. I hope you are feeling as well as one can and that you have a good weekend.

Rock,

I think "Home bound" has many definitions. You fit the definition by any definition. I think that anyone who is trapped in a body that doesn't allow you to simply "live" as others do, and has to spend half their waking hours trying to rest and mend in bed qualifies.

You've had some pretty lousy health issues over the last year. I am always amazed at how your sense of humor goes undaunted. In some respects, I think you are my "hero" here on the boards. You have such a wondrous spirit. You're a fountain of nifty knowledge, and a pleasure to communicate with.

There have been some days when I've been so overcome by my pain that bantering with you on the Porch has lightened my day and given me something to smile about when I really needed something to smile about.

Thank you for that!

Hugz to you and gb.

Darrae
  7. gb66

gb66 Well-Known Member

Darrae, You have such a wonderful way of expressing yourself. I can feel what you're going through. It really does mirror some of my earlier experiences.

When I pushed and pushed I thought I'd gain strength as time went by and when that didn't happen I blamed myself.

I listened to others who told me that I'd probably get stronger and stronger. They were only going by their own experiences, they didn't understand this illness and neither did I.

After most illness and after surgeries you do tend to get stronger, and gradually you may get back to where you were. With this type of illness though it rarely happens that way.

I can't tell you what a mess my house is. My husband tries to keep up with everything but I sleep so much during the day that he can only do a few things.

We bought a stair climber for me to be able to get down to the van for doctor appnts. and I can't let him work on installing it for very long before I get so tired and stressed from the noise.

I also have multiple chemical sensitivities and worry about the out-gassing from the materials. I've been a wreck this week with stress.

I wanted to second all the things you said to Rock. He really does have a way of lifting our spirits with his humor and kind words. Rock, not to embarrass you! GB
  8. rockgor

Oh, go ahead, BG, embarrasss me some more. Ha Ha! You guys ever wonder about the derivation of the word embarrass? Wikipedia has an erudite but unhelpful discussion of same. It is not the obvious answer i.e., one's pants fell off.

Anyhoo, thank you Dar and GB. Yesterday was a wretched day. How nice to come here and
    find such sweet bouquets. Of course, all great artists like to be appreciated. Goes for those of
    us who are neither great nor artists too.

Dar, I used to be a perfectionist too. Hard to quite. But now I refer to myself as a recovering
    perfectionist. One of my therapists said it comes from having parents who could never
    be pleased.

Anyway, I think the two of you make a peach of a pair. Always glad to see your posts.
    Dar, I marvel at the work you are able to keep doing. I hope you don't wear yourself
    to a frazzle as my mother used to say. GB, your enthusiasm and energy in being our
    cruise director has brightened my days.

Big, gentle hugs to both of you.

Rock

And here's a bit of wisdom I serendipitously encountered the other day: If you don't
    talk to your cat about catnip, who will?
  9. Darrae

Darrae Member

Hi gb,

You know, I thought the same thing about regaining strength. I thought I'd just "bounce" back after the car accident that set it off. For myself, there was no bouncing. It was a long hard struggle to get to the point where I could work again.

The first six years I was just totally disabled. Couldn't even go grocery shopping without it putting me down for 3 days. My neck wouldn't even support my head to watch t.v.. I had to sit with my head propped against the back of the couch to sit up and watch.

The first three years of trying to work were horrific! I really didn't think I'd make it. But I was so determined not to let this take my life from me and have to be dependent upon others for everything.

I did gain some ground. But I lost everything else not connected with working. Working was all I could do. After work and on weekends, this ruled my life. The next years, I sort of leveled off where I could work without feeling like, "Somebody just shoot me now", but still no life after work.

After my surgery two years ago, I lost ground. Working is a daily "beating". Today I woke up and can barely walk down the hall to the bathroom. Everything I own is screaming. It takes the entire weekend of icing, hot soaks, medicating, and resting just to "steel" myself for the next "beating".

I've had to depend upon my children and closest friends for much. Without them, I'd not have been able to continue as I have.

Yes, stairs are a major problem. I fell down the stairs from the 2nd floor to the first floor of my home a few years ago. I bounced twice and landed in a heap at the bottom one evening. My youngest daughter told me I needed a "Life Alert" button since I live alone most of the time. (Some of my kids have moved home for some periods here and there, when they've needed to). I refused to get the Life Alert.

Now I just go down the stairs sideways and hold on to the railing with both hands. On the way up, I just take one stair at a time dragging myself by the railing with my hand. I stopped going to the basement altogether. I'm terrified of landing on the cement at the bottom. The other stairs and first floor have carpet.

My daughter comes on the weekends to do my laundry and trucks it up and down from the basement laundry room to the second floor for me. She vacuums and does the carpeting every couple weeks.

While she was living with me full time the last few years, she did the majority of the cooking, housework and dishes. Now she's living with a boyfriend a few blocks away. A couple weeks ago, my youngest son moved home to get back on his feet. He's in a bad way. (His is a sad story and long so I won't go into it now). He has taken over the cooking and dishes for me now.

I try to sweep here, vacuum there, dust occasionally, and clean where and how I can on weekends as my body allows. I try to compact all after work errands to stops on the way home from work on days when my feet and ankles aren't pretty much on fire.

This week was quite demanding on a physical level, and I'm trying to squeeze 4 weeks of work into 3 so that my time off goes smoothly for my residents and whichever staff member is going to be doing the activities while I'm off. Needless to say, my body is racked.

There are many days I wish I could just stay in bed. Need to stay in bed. But I get up, and I go. This, however, negates the ability to do much else.

The "up" side of this is that I'm still vertical 5 days a week for at least 40 hours. I've been in my present position 5 years as of March. I've received a raise every year due to my hard work. Some people there haven't had a single raise in 4-5 years.

I am well liked by the other staff and have a good working relationship with all. I've contributed some happiness to many residents over that 5 years who live or have lived there, and I get so much positive feedback from them. So many have told me they cannot imagine life there without me. They always tell me how "bored" they are when I'm not there, and how much they missed me.

The few that know of my condition are very supportive. Some have the same conditions I have and voice some worry over my physical well being, always cautioning me not to over-do and get some rest. They wonder how I can be so up-beat and always smiling through it.

This is my motivation. This is where my strength is drawn from. This is my mission and my "sacred trust", if you will. I go there every day and I see people who are in much worse shape than myself. I see people who wish they could get out of their wheelchairs and do what I am still able to do. I think, sometimes, it gives those who know of my conditions a bit of hope.

I do not feel that I am super special. I'm not "Super Woman". I just refuse to stay down. It does, and will, always catch up with me. I know the pounding I give this body is going to, and does come with a price, and that price does get steeper as I go on. I know I won't be able to do this for too much longer. But, for now, it is what it is day by day.

It's weird isn't it? The odd sensitivities we develop with this? Light, sound, smell, new allergies, all sorts of odd things. We are all on "overload". Everything is so magnified as compared to the "norm". So many things are capable of stressing us out. I'm sorry to hear that you're having troubles with the chemicals and stressing. I hope this process with the chemicals is to be short-lived. Stress takes away from people like us. It saps energy and strength in a major way. I hope you get relief soon.

Rock,

Sorry to hear you had a wretched day. Here's wishing you better ones soon! Thank you for the kind words and thoughts. You are such a sweet soul.

Perfectionism is not an easy thing to give up is it? It's sort of hard-wired. I like the description "recovering perfectionist". It works. Ha Ha! I think you may be on to something about parents you can't please. When I think about it, it totally makes sense. My father's tool shop in the basement was totally organized with a peg board for tools with the shape of each tool outlined. My mother had a hate hate affair with dirt and dust. No OCD here!!:confused:

You always bring a ray of sunshine with you. Love the catnip wisdom. :D I read a funny one the other day. Don't know exactly where it originated but it went like this:

Whenever I went to weddings, people always used to say, "You're next". Now when I attend funerals, I turn to someone and say, "You're next". Funny. Macabre, but funny. o_O

Have a happy day to both of you and anyone else who should peek in.

Dar

10. bct

bct Active Member

Just saying hi. Hi.

I am a wreck, back the day before yesterday from driving Richard from his bilateral inguinal hernia operation. Our scheduled driver did not show up, so it was down to me. I drove us back from the hospital which is about 50 miles away. I hadn't driven in over two/three years, so I am exhausted/ plus hanging around the hospital for seven hours. R has been in a lot of pain, and I am being a nurse......:eek:

Hi to new members or anybody wwho does't remember me.

Oh, the hospital had FABULOUS lemon scones, just baked. The best part of the whole trip! Oh, and I did have a fight with the pharmacy...... and I WON!
    :rolleyes:

Love from Barry in Redwood Country. (ever stand inside of a tree?)
  11. rockgor

Hi Barry

Always good to hear from our Northern Neighbor. Tell Richard I am sending healing vibes.
    I had left inguinal hernia surgery back in the 80s. Healed fast. Never any problems. Hope
    the same applies to him. You know surgery made great strides in the previous century. The
    surgeon used to put in a piece of screen door to hold things in place, but lately they've been
    using plastic mesh.

Yes, I have been to Redwood Country, but no, I don't think there were any trees to stand
    in. Was over 40 years ago. Did you ever hear of someone being buried inside a tree? One
    of our great composers of the 19th century wrote a song about same. Henry Clay Work was
    famous for his Civil War songs "Marching Through Georgia" and "Kingdom Coming".

He also wrote a song about a slave who was "laid away in the trunk of an old hollow
    tree" in accordance with his last request. You can hear the song on Youtube. Search
    for "Wake Nicodemus, Henry C. Work, Frank Crumit." Work also wrote a song
    recorded by Johnny Cash: "My Grandfather's Clock".

That's great that you were able to drive that long trip. Hope you recover promptly.

Dar, Your mother sounds like mine. Gonna clean up all the dirt in the world. My
    dad, on the other hand, was doing his best to drink up all the booze in the world. They
    had 4 kids, but didn't approve of any of them. My dad didn't even speak to us except
    to bark an order now and then. "Change the channel." No remotes in those primitive
    days. And we only had 2 channels except now and the we got a fuzzy third one from
    La Crosse, Wisconsin.

GB, you're right. We generally get worse. Which is contrary to the experience and
    expectations of healthy folks. "Light at the end of the tunnel"and "A brighter day
    ahead" are not what we have learned to expect.

Gotta go help Gordon juice. We are making carrot juice which we have done for
    years. This time was are adding some beets to the mix on the advice of a gal who
    studies natural remedies and supplements. Kinda like Jam.

Hugs
    Rock
  12. I too have a very hard time with noise and activity. My husband is willing to clean but I cannot cope with the noise/activity but I cannot do it either so things get worse and worse.

I have MCS as well.....it is my biggest issue. It is the main thing that keeps me homebound, isolated andiving in an unfinished barn-like structure :)

I have stood in a redwood tree!!!!! Many years ago when I was six.

I enjoyed reading all the posts here today!
  13. gb66

gb66 Well-Known Member

Dar, Your kids sound like they are very helpful. You're lucky to have them so close by. I was thinking about those Life Alert things the other day. If I had to be alone I believe I'd like to have it.

Our next door neighbor is in his 80's and lives alone. He lost his wife about 3 years ago. His daughters want him to have one but he refuses

He has fallen several times and the last time, he fell into the bathtub. He was standing at the sink and lost his balance. He couldn't get out of the tub for hours. This is not good. He has a pacemaker and some issues from a stroke also.

I know it took me years to give in and get a wheelchair. I was so embarrassed at first. Now I couldn't do without it when going to the doctors.

Do you work in a nursing home? I was working at a school for developmentally disabled clients/students when I had to leave the working world. I know how you feel about seeing those who are in worse condition on a daily basis.

Some of the children were strapped in chairs and couldn't hold their heads up alone. Some had multiple seizures daily. They had to be fed at mealtime. Always had the biggest smiles for everyone. Take Care, GB
    Last edited: May 11, 2014
  14. gb66

gb66 Well-Known Member

Laura Elizabeth, I haven't seen a clean living room in a year!

By the time I get up every day it's too late for my husband to do much besides shop and help me with dinner.

Then, there's the problem of the cleaning chemicals when we do try to get some work done. Rug shampoo, spray cleaners, furniture polish. Can't breathe!

We bought replacement fronts for our kitchen cabinets and new laminate flooring YEARS ago. It's all still in the garage. I don't know the answer to this problem. I'd have to move out for a period of time to get this done. Oh well! Hugs, GB
  15. gb66

gb66 Well-Known Member

Barry, It sounds like you had a rough ride. I hope Richard is doing well in recovering from the surgery. Take care of yourself too! GB
  16. I have not been able to use those things for 13 years. A couple of minutes around and I would have instant joint pain and fatigue and be in bed for several days. But, I cannot have carpet anyway :) We have concrete floors. I use baking soda and vinegar for cleaning and laundry. We use Dr. Bronner's liquid castille soap for soap and instead of shampoo. One thing about it, this makes things simple. Less to buy and store!
  17. Darrae

Darrae Member

Hi gb, Rock, Barry, Laura,

Barry,

That was a brave endeavor on your part. While I was totally disabled those first six years, I was also unable to drive due to PTS after my car accident. When you haven't driven in a long while, it's terrifyingly nerve racking. It took me years to get to where I am comfortable driving in familiar surroundings. I still do not drive in unfamiliar or uncomfortable places due to the overwhelming phobic reaction that I experience.

Kudos to you for making it through! That was truly heroic! I have never stood in a tree, but would love to. I've seen pictures of those "giants" that grow in California that you can actually drive a car through. So cool!

Here's wishing Richard a speedy recovery from his surgery and you a well deserved rest.

Dar

GB,
    I agree with Rock. We don't have "getting better" to look forward to I'm afraid. I've been lucky just to maintain with some slippage after the surgery. I work, not in a nursing home per se, though I used to. I now work in a "supportive living" facility with 9 floors and 105 to 115 residents, generally, depending upon the census in a given period.

I'm an Activity Director with no assistant. I am the "Department". I used to have an assistant, but when the census dropped under 100 last fall, I lost my assistant as well. This is why I am so over-worked. I have no help. The 2 maintenance men who used to work there were expected to "set up" and "tear down" chairs and big tables for my large activities.

The new Administrator and new Maintenance man and his assistant seem to think I am Wonder Woman and I get no help from the maintenance people anymore at all. This exertion is why I feel I may not be able to continue much longer. It's killing me!

Yes, my kids are a Godsend. Oddly, it's the oldest boy who helps not at all. You'd think the eldest would be the most help. Ironic isn't it? The one you've spent the most time nurturing is the one who doesn't give you the time of day unless HE needs something from you. Well, 3 out of 4 ain't bad I suppose. I'm very lucky that my other three are less self absorbed and narcissistic. :)

I have found, like yourself, that I resisted wheelchairs for a long time. I have learned, however, that sometimes it's okay for me. I can not do all my grocery shopping after I've worked all day in these large stores on foot. I have learned to avail myself of the electric carts that stores have available. I was embarrassed at first, but not any more. And, when I get to the point that I need a wheelchair full time, I will not be embarrassed then. If it gets one from point A to point B, then by all means!!

Warm thoughts,
    Dar

Rock,
    We only had two channels while I was growing up as well and, of course, no remotes. I guess we have more in common than I knew. My father drank as well. At least until I turned 11. Then he stopped due to a stomach surgery that scared the bajeezuz out of him. I think that's why to this day I've never been fond of beer. That's what I remember smelling on his breath all the time when I was little. How odd that some things just "stay" with one like that. I think that's why I'm a teetotaler. I'll take a hot fresh brewed cup of Earl Grey over a beer any day. ;)

Something funny just popped into my head. A little "ditty" about drinking:

How dry I am,
    How wet I'll be,
    If I don't find,
    The bathroom key!

LOL!!! I know.....tactless. But funny.:)

Does the carrot juice really help? I've always wanted a juicer, but alas, do not have one. You can't do that in an Oster blender can you? Or can you?

Big Hugz,
    Dar

Laura,

It's nice to meet you and see you posting. Like gb, I haven't had a home I feel is "clean" in years. I've given up.
    I just try to keep the worst of it to a minimum.

I had to softly put my hand on my 13 year old granddaughter's arm the other day, at her birthday party, to remind her to stop the tap, tap, tapping she'd been doing on the table next to me with her hands which reminds her that Grammy can't handle those repetitive noises. You are definitely not alone in this. ;) Family members often forget when they are busy doing things, or when their attention is otherwise occupied. The world at large has no concept. I can truly feel for your discomfort.

The children sometimes forget that Grammy can't handle bright lights, loud or repetitive noises and noxious fumes and smells. The good news is, they do understand why. I have very sweet and understanding kids and grand kids. Of course, the little ones do not have the capacity or attention spans to understand and remember. This makes it rather difficult sometimes when you so want to be around them, but go home with a screaming headache and a neck that is so knotted up you can't turn your head at all later. :confused: Coping is a serious task at times.

How neat that you once got to stand in a redwood tree! I'd love to have a memory like that! What a treasure! And at the age of six it must have made quite the impression on you.

I use white vinegar and baking soda a lot for cleaning and deodorizing in my home. Unfortunately, I have 3 cats that I love and adore and two have been with me for 17 years or more. I also have carpeting throughout my home. I, therefore, often have to use chemicals on my carpets to clean them. It is quite uncomfortable until they dry and the fumes dissipate. Hope you feel better.

Healing Prayers,
    Darrae
  18. gb66

gb66 Well-Known Member

This was a good thread. Some of these folks don't post any more. I hope they're doing well now. Homebound Chat is still a good idea. I'm feeling a bit better and want to start posting again. Slowly but surely, I hope. GB :)
  19. Darrae

Darrae Member

Hi all,

I've not been on the computer[​IMG] much of late. My DD moved back home. Her diabetic[​IMG] episodes have reached epic proportions. It's like having a newborn in the house. My son, Chris, and I have to wake her every 3-4 hours to eat something so she doesn't "dump". The EMTs have been here every 1 to 3 days to bring her back from near death.

We're sleepless in Seattle here! I also took on a second job on weekends. I am working for the Illinois State Department of Human Services again taking care of a client on Sundays. So the only rest I get now is on Saturdays if we don't have to call the EMTs. I've everything in place to get taxes done, claim my son, get new health insurance, a different car insurance[​IMG] policy so I can transport my client, the payment history on my mortgage so I can get my credit fixed with the reporting entities and re-fi the house. I'm in a real time crunch here to get this all accomplished by March 1 so I can leave the place I'm working and take on my DORS client full time.

She's 5 minutes from my home, I will get 2+ hours more a week than I do where I am, and $1.35 more per hour. No down side. Less stress on my body. The job is just waiting for me to take over asap. Then I can quit my job at the facility.

She has a new attorney who has begun her SSI case all over again. She went to a doctor for an assessment last week and we also found her an Advocate who is working on getting Medicaid to approve an insulin pump[​IMG] for her. Apparently, if you've had a life-threatening condition for over 12 months, legally they had no right to deny her to begin with. So.............wish us luck.

Love to all,

Dar
  20. ConfusedInPA

ConfusedInPA Well-Known Member

Hi GB and Dar!

Great to see you both.

GB, yep this is a good thread. Did you want to start a new thread for 2015, or just keep this one going? Just wondering, I have no preference. I'm glad to read that you are feeling a bit better. I look forward to seeing more posts from you!

Dar, you have A LOT on your plate! I wish you luck. And know that you and yours are in my thoughts and prayers, for all to go smoothly and quickly.

Nothing much going on here. We're getting snow/ice/sleet these days. December and most of January were mostly quiet, weather-wise. Now, it seems like it's one ice/snow storm after another. We have about 6 inches of snow on the ground. If the weather forecasters are correct, we might have 6 to 9 additional inches by Monday morning! Ugh.

Anyways, just wanted to pop in and say HI! Still have the remnants of the flu hanging around. Our county in Pennsylvania has the highest number of flu cases in the state. I think that 18 people have died from complications. We're almost afraid to go anywhere -- actually we came in contact with the flu at my doc's office. There was a child there in the waiting room, coughing sneezing, etc. Kevin thinks that's where he picked it up, and then passed it to me. Neither Kevin nor I have strong immune systems.

Oh well, this too shall pass. Ah-choo! I'm taking aspirin, and mucinex, and my supps, etc.

Gotta go for now.

Love and hugs,
    Diane