Homeless with CFS

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jonahage54, Oct 20, 2008.

1. jonahage54

jonahage54 New Member

Hi. I am a 54 y/o male "living on the streets with CFS'; because NO ONE seems to Know or Care.
    Does "anyone" READ these messages ?
    ("IF" yes, do YOU have any 'leads' WHERE I can go To Get Off The Streets INTO A PLACE "WHERE I CAN GET THE SLEEP I NEED" ???
    ALSO need "peace and quiet" AND NO SMOKERS Around.
    ("If" such a PLACE 'exists'.)

2. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

You are living through what many of us fear is in our future. I am very, very sorry to hear it!

I'm in Canada so can't be of much help to you but, yes, these messages are read and people are sure to have advice for ways you can improve your situation.

Don't give up. Help may be just around the corner.

Peace to you,
  3. jaba520

jaba520 New Member

I am sorry to hear of your situation. But if you have access to the internet you need to research and look for local homeless shelters. Or at the very least look up your local police department they will definitely know where a place to stay would be. Good luck I will pray for you.

4. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

i am so sorry you are going through this. having this disease is hard enough without being homeless too.

are there are shelters available where you live? sometimes, there are places that churches can help you find.

you will be in my prayers.

5. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

how does someone hook up with social services if they are in the shelter system?

Jonahagen, do you have the 211 # in your city? It's a central number for all social services. it's a godsend!

6. findmind

findmind New Member

Are you a veteran by any chance?

If so, go to the nearest VA hospital or Outpatient Clinic. Ask for a Social Worker appointment.

They can help you!