Homeopathic Candida Remedy

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ali-may, Sep 22, 2002.

1. ali-may

ali-may New Member

I've just read online that there is a homeopathic candida remedy which is effective. You're supposed to start at 12x potency, and then work your way up to 30C potency if you need to (starting at 12x can be enough to provoke some intense die-off in some people).

I was wondering if anyone has tried this, and what your experience of it was like! I'm thinking of giving it a try. Any info would be much appreciated!

Alison
  2. ali-may

ali-may New Member

I've just read online that there is a homeopathic candida remedy which is effective. You're supposed to start at 12x potency, and then work your way up to 30C potency if you need to (starting at 12x can be enough to provoke some intense die-off in some people).

I was wondering if anyone has tried this, and what your experience of it was like! I'm thinking of giving it a try. Any info would be much appreciated!

Alison
  3. ali-may

ali-may New Member

While searching the web for online retailers, I found that one retailer said that the Candida remedy (30C potency) provides "symptomatic relief" - ok, so I know this means that it will relieve the symptoms of Candida - but does it also mean that the fungus will be killed off? I guess the only way you could get relief is for the Candida to actually be killed, right?

Alison
  4. mlogue

mlogue New Member

I found out a couple of years ago that I was a yeast host. The only remedy I found that worked, and I've tried all I can get my hands on, is to cut out sugars and yeast products all together. It was the hardest thing I've ever done. It took 6 to 8 months to start seeing results but it really works. I'm almost yeast free. I have weak moments but not as much as before. I've tried all kinds of pills, drinks, you name it. The ONLY thing that will work is to eliminate sugars, yeast, molds, anything to feed the fungi. Good luck.
    Melanie
  5. fibolady

fibolady New Member

could someone please explain in depth more information on the candida/yeast host problem. does a white tongue mean you have a yeast problem. my ob/gyn has never gone over this with me and only once had a full blown yeast infection. although, most of the time a little discharge but come and go on it's own.

i've notice my daughter has similar small amount of discharge, is this normal of a yeast problem that should be addressed too.

i have started taking grapefruit seed extract (read on board this was good for the yeast problem) and have noticed it clearing up some, also i have been feeling better. but don't know if that is just coincidental.

warm regards, fibolady

6. klutzo

klutzo New Member

Nobody has more of a sweet tooth than I do, but I have tried everything at one time or another. Yeasts are strong little bas**rds, and you have to poison them, take friendly bacteria that eats them, and starve them all at once to get rid of them. Even then, some of them could mutate, dig way down deep into your vulva and you end up (like me)with vulvar vestibulitis.
    I studied Naturopthy, and I have worked with 4 of them myself, and NONE of them will even treat a person who does not stop eating sugars...that means all white sugar, white flour, white rice, white potatoes, anything that ends in "ose" is off limits. For the first month, melons, fuzzy fruits, corn and carrots are off limits. No juices, ever. They all say that it is a waste of their time and your time and money to try to kill yeast, if you are turning right around and feeding them their favorite food.
    This is SO hard to do, esp. for FMSers whose low serotonin levels have them craving sugars,which will raise their serotonin levels. It makes it twice as hard. I have done it and seen remarkable improvement in my blood cells under an electron microscope. 85% of my red cells had free radical damage before I quit sugar, and after 2 1/2 months, there were no damaged cells. Even with that dramatic evidence right before my eyes, I am now fighting the sugar demon again. I think it is an addiction. The longest I have ever successfully stayed away from sugars was 2 yrs., the second longest 1 yr. and 8 mos. I always blow it eventually because the craving never goes away. I hope to God you do not have this bad of a problem.
    If you can take the grapefruit seed extract to poison them (Caprylic acid and raw garlic are great for this too), take Probiotics that will consume them (esp. acidopholous), and avoid sugars to starve them, you will succeed, and I hope you can because it will help your all-over health SO much!
    Best of luck,
    Klutzo
    P.S. Yes, I have tried 2 Homeopathic remedies and they did nothing, but homeopathy never works for me. I was taught that 14% of people are immune to homeopathy, but nobody knows why. I must be one of them.
    [This Message was Edited on 09/23/2002]
  7. ali-may

ali-may New Member

Ok, that's interesting about the sugar - I'm trying to do that, but it's VERY hard. I had a weak moment last night and ate some chocolate. I'm also trying to cut out dairy products. Mainly I'm eating raw and steamed vegetables, esp. onions.

That's also interesting about immunity to homeopathy! I've tried homeopathy for EBV - a combination of the Glandular Fever complex remedy (30C), and GBH (6x) - and it helped temporarily. I definitely felt worse before I felt better though, which is a good sign that the treatment is working. I'll give the Candida remedy a try and let you all know how it works for me.

I'm also ordering some enteric coated oil of Oregano from the internet, so I'm just trying homeopathy while I wait for the Oregano to arrive. If the homeopathy hasn't worked, then I'm pinning a lot of hope on the Oil!

Alison
  8. fibolady

fibolady New Member

from fibolady's questions?
  9. ali-may

ali-may New Member

I'm not sure if a white tongue is candida or not - I always used to get a white coating occasionally, especially when I was sick with the flu or a cold, but then it would just go away. My tongue right now has a freaky yellow coating! If I brush it off with a toothbrush it just grows right back. So I'm assuming that this is candida.

I hope someone can answer your questions better than I can!

Alison
  10. sb439

sb439 New Member

just to say I've had a 'white tongue' for months and months (with my CFS), but my yeast levels are sort of normal, so there must be other ways of acquiring that white stuff on one's tongue.
    Susanne
  11. ali-may

ali-may New Member

Maybe the white coating is a normal sort of bacteria that gets a bit out of balance when you're sick?

Ali
  12. herblady

herblady New Member

i wouldn't rely on homeopathics to cure yeast. they're great for allergies and for cold symptoms but anything slse i don't think so. cindi

[ advertisement ]