Homeopathic remedies for fibro

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by caroleye, Sep 25, 2010.

1. caroleye

caroleye New Member

Just found a whole page of these, and they describe which one is most likely to work, and if doesn't in a few days; they'll give the next one.

They also give potency information and dosaging. Had this info in my favorites for a long time; no idea why I didn't pay attention. Oh, I know. My pain was not this bad as I had a bad reaction to overexertion a few weeks ago; then last night found out one of my vegetarian sushi rolls had a mushroom called "shitake", and had a huge reaction to it. When I googled it, found out it boosts your immune system. For me that was a huge no-no.

Anyway for me, I'm started Arnica Montana 30c to begin with. I'm actually feeling a change in my stiffness after 5 minutes. It'll be the night times that we'll see if I get the same relief.

If not, the next is Rhus Tox. I always make sure I get the highest potency of 30C.

Anyone else found these to be helpful?

Whatta blessing this would be.

Gentle hugs.................carole
  2. GeminiMoon

GeminiMoon Member

Carole: I swear by homeopathic remedies and use them for everything. I have Epstein Barr (CFID) and my sister has Fibromyalgia. Our disorders seem to be related and we each share some of the same symptoms. For example, I have a few trigger points and she gets flu-like symptoms. We both use Arnica cream for the aches and Kali Phos for sleep problems. I use a preparation called oscillococcinum for my flu symtoms & now my sister uses it. Thanks for your post; I am going to try the Arnica Montana next. I also use Nux Vomica for digestive issues and by the way; I can no longer eat mushrooms!

I got discouraged with this site b/c it didn't seem as if enough folks were interested in natural remedies. I was so glad to see your post about homeopathic!

Thanks - Kate

3. gapsych

gapsych New Member

There is also an alternative board here at PH. If more people would use it, I am sure it could become very active.

Take care.

4. caroleye

caroleye New Member

Kate, can you tell me what your issue is with them. I've been eating the white round ones which I wasn't aware of any reactions, but may be suble.

I had been eating the mix of 5 mushrooms in those sushi for months, but when I found out about the shitake ones after a major reaction, I thought sticking with mine at home would be O.K.

But maybe you're turning me onto something I don't know.

5. caroleye

caroleye New Member

My knees are blown out & only the Triflora Arthritis gel helps, but for my upper arms, I use Stopain (diluted as it's strong). Also use the Arnica cream but not as often.
  6. caroleye

caroleye New Member

Only took 2 doses & except for my right upper arm (computer overuse), I have to use Stopain topical for it.

In the event the Arnica stops working, my next one will be rhus tox.

How do you get to the alternative board someone mentioned? Do you know?

7. GeminiMoon

GeminiMoon Member

I seem to have developed trouble with all mushrooms; maybe it has something to do with mold. I cannot handle any type of vinegar either. I used to be able to eat both until the EPV got me! It's too bad b/c I like them. Can't handle dairy anymore either without taking lactase enyzmes.