Homeopathic Remedies

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by AutumnSkky, Oct 14, 2005.

1. AutumnSkky

AutumnSkky New Member

I was curious if anyone has tried any Homeopatic remedies for their FM and if anything has worked?
  2. rockyjs

rockyjs Member

I use Arnica and Rhus Tox very frequently. Arnica is good for aching and sore muscles and Rhus Tox has more of an effect on stiff joints and arthritis-type symptoms. I use 30x or 30c potency that you can get at the health food store.

Sometimes you need to take several doses in a row (30-60 minutes apart) to start seeing a difference. Then you can use it as needed when the symptoms start coming back.

Any time I exercise (and I only tolerate very mild exercise) I try to remember to take Arnica. It makes a world of difference for me in the soreness.

3. busybusymom

busybusymom New Member

I don't know if it will help with severe FM, but look on noni-juice-plus.com. It has a list of ailments it is suppose to help. I am thinking of getting some for myself, but have to check with my doctor first because one of the ingredients is serotonin.

4. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

I'm on 4210 Viral Isode Combination
    For the relief of viral and respiratory infections and clearing lungs.
    Corona Virus 60x,
    Pneumonia Virus 15x,
    Pseudomonas Aer 12x,
    Adeno Viras 12x,
    Inactive USP Alcohol 45% Purified water.

I've been on it for 3 months now. It cost me $15.00 and I place 3 drops under my tongue 3 times a day. I'm a little more than 1/2 way through the bottle.

I think it will be a help in the long run. I don't know anyone else on it or anyone that has used it. Maybe someone will post here that has used it.
    [This Message was Edited on 10/14/2005]
  5. LollieBoo

LollieBoo New Member

That varies from person to person, but it is overall balancing. Homeopathy got me through pregnancy and labors beautifully! Recovery-- a cinch! Breastfeeding- worked like a charm! It's been great for teething babies, etc.

Fibromyalgia? Well... I think we've tried everything made in a homeopathic remedy. (even one that was "purple fish"- that isn't what it was really called, but that was the latin translation- murex pupurea!) Anyway, some briefly helped, some not, but with the nature of FM symptoms (changeable), it is so hard to treat it symptomatically with homeopathy.

It's hard not to oversimplify homeopathy... it's a VERY complex theory/ process. Each remedy is a dilution of a particular poison that would trigger a set of symptoms. They are designed to introduce your body to the vibrational essence of said poison, activating your own immune responses. VERY basically, each dilution level is more potent than the previous one- so, the more diluted, the more potent. That is where most people go, "huh?" and give up. If you didn't, get the book Vibrational Medicine by ______ Gerber (can't think of his 1st name offhand). It is amazing!

Anyway, the philosophy goes deeper- so a 6x potency of a homeopathic remedy has been distilled 6 series of 10 times. So you'd have 1 drop (say arnica) to 10 drops not = 1 drop of that distillation to 10 drops not= 1 drop of that distillation to 10 drops not... on to 6... !!! So where'd the arnica go? That is where many people become very confident that homeopathy is a placebo effect. However, the vibrational essence of arnica is still present. In a precise amount to promote healing and reduction of swelling and bruising. Really. Try it. Arnica's a good "prove it!" remedy to try. Although, Sabina did it for me- terrible cramps, radiating down my legs- almost could not stand. That fit the "profile" for sabina, so I took 4 or 5 pellets, and went back to work. 5 minutes later, it occurred to me that I had no idea when the pain subsided, but that it was gone. Cramps in my lower back, radiating to the front DON'T fit the "sabina profile", so it takes a different remedy. Homeopathy is so achingly precise... if you have the wrong remedy- you will know soon enough... if it is the correct remedy, you will not have to question. Many remedies also follow a progression. If Arnica helps, but doesn't quite cut it- try Bryonia- for deeper muscle aches/ swelling.

So x potency is the distillation of 10 each time. c is the distillation of 100 each time. It is MORE "potent" than x's... potency is a different concept in homeopathy. Arnica, for instance. I just banged my arm on the table, it is starting to swell- I head for 6x Arnica. By the following day, I may move on to a 30x, even 200x. Way later, I'll take a 6c or 30c, to help my body resolve the trauma on the deeper levels. The Higher potencies are for deeper levels of healing. Usually, if I have a problem represented by an upset in my constitution, I will take a one-time dose of a 200c or 1m potency. Within a short time, my body/mind/spirit will have aligned itself vibrationally with where it should be.

Rule of thumb boils down to this: Immediate, short-term, acute problems use x potencies.
    Chronic, balancing, long-term issues, or deep-seated illnesses/ injuries use c or higher potencies.

True story: SIL had a wart on her finger- eww. I had a wart on my chin- eww- great for Halloween, but it was Spring! SIL went to her dr office, got a shot of valium so that doc could "surgically remove" the offending wart. SIL fainted and had many following issues with bleeding and infection... lasted 3 mos. I mentioned wart to my doc (a homeopath/ MD), he said "10 pellets thuja 200c". I took this one dose and he said to come back in a month if it hadn't resolved yet. Somewhere between weeks 2 and 3, it was just gone. My skin was completely flush, no scar- no pigmentation differences... no soreness, itching, irritation. It just left. one dose.

Homeopathy works if you find the right remedy for your condition. Some things are easier to treat than others.

Again, with FM specifically, I have relied on my constitutional remedy for overall balancing. There are homeopaths who will assess constituional remedies, and those who won't. You may call first if that's what you're after.

Good luck!
    [This Message was Edited on 10/15/2005]
  6. AutumnSkky

AutumnSkky New Member

Your experience with this has been really helpful for me i was reading on causticum which sounded like it would work for my symptoms but im not familiar with homeopatic remedies and finding ppl who have used them is very helpful in finding more information. Thanks
  7. dannybex

dannybex Member

...on animals.

And with animals, there is no placebo effect. So you're simply not correct...it has NOT been "thoroughly debunked".
  8. dannybex

dannybex Member

Good question re the placebo effect...I'm not sure how I would answer that.

I do believe, and again, it's been proven in clinical studies, that for example, meditation can have a direct effect on immune function, which some would take as "thinking" yourself well.

No Fool and I have to agree to disagree. I posted just some of the clinical studies that show homeopathy can work on another thread entitled "Homeopathy is Not a Scam".