Homeopathic remedies

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Rosiebud, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

anybody take homeopathic remedies? For pain, gut problems, sleep etc.

What do you take, how many and for how long.

2. panthere

panthere Member

I have taken homeopathics, but haven't noticed any effect, so I stopped. However, my husband does enjoy them and believes it helps his CFS. I suggest you try it and see how your body responds!
  3. karynwolfe

karynwolfe New Member

Olive leaf extract!!!

I've been on olive leaf extract for the past four years, and it's the only thing that really helps. It's a powerful herb but it's still safe enough to take long term (and has many benefits even for healthy people). I always mention that without it, I'd have no life. *heh* I have CFIDS/ME. It's a powerful antifungal, antiviral, antibacterial, anti-lots-of-things, but NOT an antibiotic because it doesn't take away all of your healthy, good bacteria that we all need. :)

I'll quote you this: "From research and clinical experience to date, we can say that supplemental olive leaf may be beneficial in the treatment for conditions caused by, or associated with, a virus, retrovirus, bacterium or protozoan." It interferes with these pathogens' cell formation, stopping them from replicating.

I have to pause from taking it every five months and give my body a break, and right now I'm off of it, so I quite forget the dosage, but everyone has to find their own dosage when they take it anyway, because it can produce the die-off effect from killing the viral/bacterial/parasitic agents and removing those harmful leftovers from your body. This stuff is powerful enough to kill serious viruses, and I increase the dosage whenever I get any type of secondary infection. (When I first started taking it I didn't think it was helping and then of course stopped taking it... Then I realized how much worse I felt, and restarted it and I've sworn by the herb ever since. It helps that there are many studies to back up its effectiveness!)

I regret to say that recently it's beginning to stop working for me as well as it used to, but I more or less attribute that to me personally reaching a new level of sickness. But it still clears my brain functioning enough to where I can drive and concentrate for longer periods of time. I would recommend it to anyone, but buy from a TRUSTED manufacturer. I know from experience that simply going to Walmart isn't going to give you the quality product you need.

Hope this has helped, and here is a great link abot olive leaf: