Honey, I'm Home

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by 4peas, May 8, 2007.

1. 4peas

4peas New Member

Wow, I didn't know this place existed! I haven't been too long at the Fibromyalgia board, saw a mention of a chitchat board, and using my incredibly amazing deductive reasoning skills, I found it, right under my nose.

So hi everyone, my name is Lee and I'm an alcoholic. Well, not really, I just wanted to say that. I'm a 47 yr old SAHM to 4 kids - 1 of whom is autistic. Life could be alot better, but it could be alot worse. How are you doing today?

2. 4peas

4peas New Member

Are you an alcoholic too? Sorry, I'm just kidding - I am too full of myself today. My 10 yr old son is autistic. We decided to homeschool him this year because he was teased so much at school last year, its been a roller-coaster ride for sure! Good and bad days, but I think its been good for him. my original plan was to teach him at home until middle school, but I've heard lately that the teasing and bullying are really worse then, so I don't know what we'll end up doing.

3. boltchik

boltchik New Member

Cute username! I often call my kids "sweetpeas", I have 3. Welcome to the chitchat board, glad you found it. Hope you are having a great day in Virginia. It is pretty hot here in So. Calif. today, but I live in the high desert/wine country, so that is the norm for this time of year. Have a great evening. Kim :)
  4. 4peas

4peas New Member

Thanks for the welcome, my username is a shortcut of 4PeasInMyPod that I go by on digital scrapbooking boards to represent my own 4 sweet peas.

5. 4peas

4peas New Member

Nice to "meet" you, good luck at that appt. and yeah, its a real place. Dinwiddie County, south of Richmond, nice area but way too redneck.

6. Marta608

Marta608 Member

I dropped in to see what you're talking about and see that you have autistic child. It may have been on your profile but I missed it.

Are you aware of the treatment being done for CFS and perhaps FM patients by a doctor who works with autism? There's a bunch of stuff on the CFS/FM board if you do a search on the username Richvank. Maybe you know all about this but just in case you don't...

I got the pills right here around my neck. You need 'em, you holler, OK?

7. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Hi there Lee,

Glad you came to visit us. There are so many interesting and intellignet people here and on all these boards.

Also, if you would like to you might want to try some of us crazy people on the Porch !!

We have alot of fun there who are alot of support for each other in good times and bad (or should I say hard times)?

Hugs to you,

8. 4peas

4peas New Member

How bout I just whistle?

9. 4peas

4peas New Member

Just when I thought I was part of the "in" crowd, what, or better, where, is the porch?

10. 4peas

4peas New Member

I'm going to do a search in a little bit, I'm really new here in town and didn't know about it. Thanks again.

11. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Welcome to the chit chat board. It's nice that you found us. It is not, however, necessary to make up for all the days you missed by posting umpteen messages at all once. Haha Just a little bit of humor there.

If you are not reading this it's because the humor was mistaken for something else.

Just got back from the library. Picked up a book on science: "Dark Cosmos" about dark matter and dark energy. Just how much of this my deteriorating mind can comprehend remains to be "seen".

Yes, as Granni said, drop by the porch. Sit in the glider and sip some lemonade.

Ha det bra

12. Fmandy

Fmandy New Member

Hi Lee :) I am Andy and I am not an alcoholic I promise...Ha ha ha. I have read this thread and you are a mess. You remind me of my silly self sometimes... When I feel almost good I am silly :)

That acronym - SAHM had my head spinning for a minute or so. I could not figure out just what you were :) Welcome to the chitty chat board, where life is fun and we all are kids again :)

13. 4peas

4peas New Member

Thanks for the welcome! Rock - that was a bit of a posting frenzy, wasn't it! No offense taken. Who is the author of Dark Cosmos? Andy - so glad to hear that you're not an alcoholic, glad to find a place where a 47 yr old kid can hang out! Lee
  14. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

Welcome home!! My name is Misty and i have alcoholics in my family. Glad your not one!

I have 3 boys, the oldest exhibits some signs of ADHD, but we cope, however my youngest is showing some signs of developmental delays, and possibly ADHD, we are also doing eye therapy with him.

It's hard to come to term with these things, i look at my youngest and i see a bright kid with a wonderful imagination, and playfulness. However he has problems retaining info at school.

I have a friend with a high function autistic son, and it amazes me the similarities when we talk about our kids.

I will be taking him to a screening in the fall when alot of "experts get together at once. Will see what they come up with.

Sorry for being long winded, welcome to the family!

15. 4peas

4peas New Member

I have alcoholics in my family too, they can get to be a bit of a pain. Tough to worry about developmental problems, but you're doing the very best thing by getting it checked out rather than taking a wait-and-see attitude. Best of luck, Lee
  16. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Dark Cosmos is by Dan Hooper. Turns out we have a lot in common. We are both carbon based forms of life. We are both from Minnesota. We both went to the University of Wisconsin.

After that we kinda went our separate ways.

Anyway his book is fascinating. Full of stuff like: 95% of the universe is invisible to us. Made up of dark matter and dark energy.

If you look at my bio you will find a discussion of the tv treatment. Hooper says when you look at tv static "a few percent of the snow that appears on you screen is cosmic background from the Big Bang that happened about 14 billion years ago."

If you like to read, check out the book club posts and the book report post.
  17. 4peas

4peas New Member

I love your sense of humor, its the kind that I'm most tickled by. Lee