Honorary medical degrees for us all !!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Hippen, Jul 26, 2003.

1. Hippen

Hippen New Member

I was just sitting here thinking about all the mdical research we have all done since being diagnosed with our conditions. I have come to the conclusion that we all should be given honorary medical degrees...LOL. I have learned so much about the human body in the past 8 years. I have learned things that I never thought I ever would!!! I just looked up some info for someone about gallbladders...now I did not know prior what the heck a gallbladders purpose was...now I do...LOL. A gallbladder stores bile for the excess bile the liver makes. Ask around and see just how many people know what a gallbladder does !!!!!!!! We should all put an M.D. after our log in names...hehehehe. Hey just think about how much we are learning !!!!! Love Hippen
  2. zggygirl

zggygirl New Member

At least about my feet *G*
    But you are right, I have larned more this last month than in 10 years about health.
    Actually I have always had an interest in it. I remember reading a 800 page( or something like that) book by Sandy and Durk Pierson <?> when I was a teenager-Can't think of the name of the book now :p Bet someone else here has read it also. Something about staying young forever.
    I've read tons about western and chinese herbal medicine, made my own tinctures, picked the plants etc., and on and on...
    Maybe it is a "gene" in us.
    Ziggy MD
  3. mamafurr

mamafurr New Member

has a nice ring to it. you know the jobs that say so and so degree required...or equal experience...LOL

:)
    alice
  4. tansy

tansy New Member

In the UK the majority of us have no choice but to become our own researchers and doctors. In someways it's very hard with an uncooperative brain but I'm so glad I persevered.

We all deserve honary degrees.

Cheers

Tansy
  5. Hippen

Hippen New Member

I knew you guys would like the idea!!!! Feels good to finally get some credit for all our hard work !!! LOL. We may be sick.........But we are becoming very SMART !!!!!
    Love you guys !!!!! Hippen
  6. lucky

lucky New Member

I agree that we are just getting too smart for our doctors as well who do not like our 'wisdom' (however some seem to appreciate the research we have been doing on our own).
    But it pays off to know more about our bodies and it helps us to cope much better with the illness knowing what is causing a lot of our symptoms.
    I never in my life thought that I would be so knowledgeable about medical terms, etc., but after many years of having CFS/FMS this has become very important to me (and I am sure to many others as well) to learn as much as we can to make it easier to understand these illnesses.
    Kind regards, Lucky

[This Message was Edited on 07/26/2003]
    [This Message was Edited on 07/26/2003]
  7. Hippen

Hippen New Member

Yes ,some doctors are threatened by our knowledge. Your post really made sense !!!! It is nice to know that at least knowledge is one good thing that is coming out of this diagnosis of ours. Thanks for replying everyone...I like the look of MD. and PHD after my log in name...hehehehe. Love Hippen M.D.