Hoodia for weight control?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by chickadee, Oct 15, 2005.

1. chickadee

chickadee New Member

Anybody tried or know anything about hoodia for weight control? If anybody has tried it or knows anything about it, I would appareciate some feedback.

Thanks,
    Chickadee
  2. dunnlb

dunnlb New Member

I tried the hoodia pills and didn't notice any difference. The actual plant is supposed to work but it only grows in Africa, I think.
  3. chickadee

chickadee New Member

I had an offer for some free pills - just trying to find out if there was anything that might hurt (even if it doesn't help).

Anybody else?
  4. victoria

victoria New Member

from what I've read, the hoodia plant is being grown under stringent licensing protection in nurseries so that the African tribe can profit from it...

altho I bought some that Mary Shomon (that does the About.com articles about hypothyroidism) wrote about, she felt they helped her, but I didn't see any change after 2 weeks...

the REAL thing works right away as demonstrated by '60 Minutes' (Diane Sawyer?)... while every bottle of capsules I've looked at says that it can take 2 weeks to work, which doesn't make sense.

I foresee grocery stores someday selling pieces of the plant, instead of taking capsules.

for what it's worth, it's probably a waste of time altho that's just my opinion, LOL!
    Victoria