Hooray for some insurance companies

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tedebear, Oct 28, 2002.

1. tedebear

tedebear New Member

Hats off to you Anthem. I recently sent away for some of my med refills. Got all but 1. I called the insurance company to see why they did not send the prescription. They advised they were waiting for a call from the Doctor. They said there was a discrepancy in the therapeutic amount from the last script. They were waiting for a return call. Drug was neurontin. Previously 2 1/2 weeks ago I was in urgent care with trigeminal flare-up on the left side of my face. The ER doc gave me a script he told me to take until the current script came in. Well, the ER docs script was exceeding the amount the Rheumy gave. That was the hold-up. Then I called the doc and the nurse advised that one doc should control the med. I told them the situation that it was a temporary fill and they then understood the situation. Thanks to the insurance for the flag and I guess we have to open up channels of communication with our docs as well.
    Just a little insight to our drug intakes.
    Soft hugs.

P.S. Anyone else experience such an instance?
  2. tedebear

tedebear New Member

Hats off to you Anthem. I recently sent away for some of my med refills. Got all but 1. I called the insurance company to see why they did not send the prescription. They advised they were waiting for a call from the Doctor. They said there was a discrepancy in the therapeutic amount from the last script. They were waiting for a return call. Drug was neurontin. Previously 2 1/2 weeks ago I was in urgent care with trigeminal flare-up on the left side of my face. The ER doc gave me a script he told me to take until the current script came in. Well, the ER docs script was exceeding the amount the Rheumy gave. That was the hold-up. Then I called the doc and the nurse advised that one doc should control the med. I told them the situation that it was a temporary fill and they then understood the situation. Thanks to the insurance for the flag and I guess we have to open up channels of communication with our docs as well.
    Just a little insight to our drug intakes.
    Soft hugs.

P.S. Anyone else experience such an instance?