Hootie and Eeyoreblue....question about retirement and FMS

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jmq, Mar 13, 2007.

1. jmq

jmq New Member

I just got through reading all your threads to each other over such a long period of time. I feel like I know you both. I am cheering for both of you. ( eeyoreblue...I have a 12 year old girl with an teenage attitude too! )

I see that you both have been exchanging info about gov. civil service jobs and disablity. I am a State of Florida employee, so it is not the same ..one year away from my pension and not gonna make it. I am applying for early disablity retirement ( our retirement system is Florida Retirment System -FRS)

I was wondering if in your years of experience Eeyoreblue...do you have any experience with the differences between State and Federal disabilities. I have asked for a packet from the retirement office but I can not find anyone who has actually taken this route in my state. I am very nervouse like Hootie.

Thanks,
    jmq
  2. jmq

jmq New Member

3. jmq

jmq New Member

Glad you saw my post...I was trying to find someone who was close to my situation. Like you said, its not federal but it is the State of Florida who pays the retirement. I will have to find a atty for sure ...I was just hoping someone who went this route before as a state of florida employee was around. I appreciate your input. My experience will Allsup was not good. See my Update on Allsup post.

I will let you know as I progress..
    jmq