Hope and a future

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by NewEnglander, Apr 25, 2004.

1. NewEnglander

NewEnglander New Member

Hi there
    have been going through some very hard times lately, and much pain and fatigue.

but wanted to share a scripture that I think we all could use and one that has given me hope.

I hope that you will be blessed reading this as I have

Jeremiah 29'11 NIV
    "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give hope and a future."

Love Lisa
  2. danny3861

danny3861 New Member

That sure is a perfect verse for me today. Bless you.

Danny
  3. monkeykat

monkeykat Member

Hi Lisa,
    thanks for encouraging both yourself and all of us today! I really like that verse:)

I was thinking about how long Joseph suffered in prison and how his brothers betrayed him and many in Egypt betrayed him. I try to remember that God had both a plan and a purpose in his suffering. I'm sure he struggled with anger, fear, resentment, etc. but in the end he overcame these painful emotions and was able to see and experience God's purpose in his life.

I try to remember that no tear that I cry will go unremembered or unaccounted for. I was reminded in prayer this weekend that he is the potter and I am the clay. I need to let him mold me into something really great through the suffering that I experience with this illness. I still believe that God will lead me into a place of healing through doctors, medicine, vitamins/minerals, change in diet or a gradual healing or miracle outside of these natural means.

In the meantime thank you for reminding us that there is a specific "plan and purpose" that God has for each of us even during our suffering:)
    Have a great day:)
    Kathy

4. Montysmum

Montysmum New Member

Jeremiah 29.11 is my favourite verse. I know it off by heart, it always touches me when I read it. Although I have sometimes asked The Lord to please share HIs plans with me, as I am sick & tired ( literally), & would so like to see the part that is going to 'prosper & not harm'.
    I know it is his time not ours that matters, & maybe only in Heaven will we see how it all fits together.
    I am reminded of the "Footsteps" story, we often think we are alone when we aren't.
    Thank you for the timely reminder of God's goodness & plans for our lives.
    Linda.