Hopeful4 Dncnfngrs or ? where on Igenex's site?

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by victoria, Jul 5, 2006.

1. victoria

victoria New Member

Hi,
    both of you have posted that it is possible to order the blood tests directly from Igenex...

but I have looked and cannot find it...

I guess I'm just not seeing it ! All the hints you can give me are much appreciated!

Thanks,
    Victoria

2. victoria

victoria New Member

3. jarjar

jarjar New Member

It has been a long time since I have been to the site. I believe there is a toll free number on the site that you can call and order what you need.
    Hope that works!

Jay
  4. julier1234

julier1234 New Member

I am wondering the same thing. I just emailed Igenex to ask. I'll let you know if they respond.

Julie
  5. victoria

victoria New Member

This thread kind of got 'let go', as I re-asked Dncnfngrs on a post of hers. She said to call them directly, that that's what she did.

I haven't done so yet, however. I'm still debating on spending the money since my protocol (Marshall Protocol) is working for me, and my husband is now doing the Salt/Vit. C Protocol and getting some obvious herxes. For us I don't know what we'd do different even if we come up positive... and so often it needs to be a clinical diagnosis.

But for future reference, could you let me know what they reply?

Thanks a bunch!
    Victoria

[This Message was Edited on 07/10/2006]
  6. minimonkey

minimonkey New Member

Yeah, the IgeneX site is confusing that way. I ended up having my LLNP order the tests herself, as I couldn't figure it out. There are some folks on Lymenet who could help you navigate it, though. I'm pretty sure you need a doctor to prescribe the tests.

If you are already on a protocol that is working, the testing may indeed be unnecessary, and it is expensive. I wanted the test results mainly for insurance purposes (and I came back CDC positive, so that means I did get reported and included in the statistics, hurray!) and also to convince my skeptical family members -- that didn't really work, sadly, with the family -- alas.

I also wanted to be tested for co-infections -- though I came back negative on all of those. After several months of treatment, when the symptoms that weren't responding were all babs related, I asked my NP if she'd be willing to treat on symptoms alone -- she agreed it was a good idea. The babs treatment has been a huge G-dsend! I started to feel better immediately, and my daily migraines and neck pain are almost completely gone. I know that the west-coast strain of babs is very nasty about relapsing, though, so I want to be sure we treat long enough to prevent that if possible.
  7. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane New Member

You can order the test kit from them but will need a DR prescrition to fulfill it. Have Igenex Fax the results back to your DR. It's much quicker....