Hopeless sweet tooth

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kellyann, Sep 26, 2007.

1. kellyann

kellyann New Member

It seems like I rarely want to eat anything unless it is sugary and sweet. I practically live off cereal, cinnamon rolls, cookies, fruit. The only meat I eat is jerky. Am I nuts or what, haha! One thing I can say in my defense, I have no sense of smell, so I think it messes up my sense of taste too. I like everything sweet or salty.

How about you?

2. sisland

sisland New Member

Ah no your not Nuts!,,,,I think most of have this problem!,,,lolol i have to be very careful! i don't know if it comes with this DD but seems to be a big factor!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Hopefuly we can keep it moderation!,,,,LOLol! ,,,,,,,,,i love Jerky too! My Dad used to make it when we were kids (Venison) and i loved it! it's a great source of protein! have to look for the low sodium type!,,,,,,,,,,,,Hugs!
  3. ckball

ckball New Member

Nope I belong to this club too. But I do love a great prime rib or filet mignon from time to time.

I had 21 teeth pulled a year ago and have had problems with my dentures, my jaw bone is deformed. So I basically eat what I can without the dentures. I am getting my final set in the next couple of weeks so hopefully they will work.

I love those cookies from Wally's called Loft House in the bakery sections. They are soft iced sugar cookies, melt in your mouth, I can put a dozen down without thinking about it. Good thing I only do Walley's twice a month, lol.

In between, I bake these Betty Crocker Snack packs they are $1 at the Dollar stores and General Dollar. They say they make a dozen but I never get more than 9, but that's fine, I love them right out of the oven. Takes a 1/4 butter and tblsp of water and waloa fresh baked cookies.

My GF hubby has no sense of smell, but his taste is not affected. So nope your not alone- Carla the cookie nibbler
  4. harmony21

harmony21 New Member

am really trying to lose weight at the moment and am taking chromium for the cravings

Good thing is you take it prior to your troublesome tinme like mine is afternoon and evening, so i take a tab at lunch

It works some but luckily Iam allowed lite jelly any time with this diet

I like salty things too but prefer the sweet

angel hugs
  5. kellyann

kellyann New Member

Those cookies sound good, do they come in peanut butter? I love fresh baked peanut butter cookies, my favorite!

I don't think I could eat venison if you paid me. But then, I have lyme disease. I know you cook the meat, but still thinking about those deer carrying ticks makes me ill.

Take care everyne!
  6. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

I know this craving for sweets can sound completely normal, but about a year ago, my snacking became out of control.

Found out I was borderline diabetic but I also had extreme hypoglycemic incidents too throughout the day and even at night.

I had to start eating differently, basically re-learn how to eat and now my cravings for sweets are rare.

When you eat less of the 'bad carbs' your body will crave them less too. There are books out there about eating with a low glycemic index, helped me so much.

Just something to think about.

Nancy B