Hoping for a recovery soon.....Dr. Elander

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by keke1972, Dec 11, 2006.

1. keke1972

keke1972 New Member

I was wondering if anyone here has seen Dr. Enlander and tried his protocol? I made an appointment to see him in Feb. I never give up hope that something may help all of us. The office told me that there is a lot of people recovering on his protocol. I have been sick for so many years and tried so many different things and believe we will all be helped soon. Dr. Enlander is participating with Dr. Kerr and taking blood samples from patients' who are able to get to NY. I live in Virginia and will have to travel 5 hours. There was also a recent post by someone who said she had been helped by him and couldn't understand why others haven't tried his protocol. You can view his information on line. Go to www.elander.com. He also wrote an article on this website in November. Hope to hear from others who are being helped. I have had this illness for 18 years and it scares me that things may not work because how long I have had CFS/FMS.
    Thanks, Kristen
  2. foxglove9922

foxglove9922 New Member

Hi keke,

I'm a patient of Dr. Enlanders and travel 6 hours to see him for the last 2 years.

I'm not sure if blood is still being drawn for the Kerr/Enlander research. My daughter and I (both CFS) had our blood drawn over a year ago. This research is going to take time.

Do you have CFS or FM?

Foxglove
    [This Message was Edited on 12/11/2006]
  3. balletdancer74

balletdancer74 New Member

Hi,

He's been one of my doctor for six years. He's a very knowledgeable and compassionate doctor, but keep in mind that no doctor can "cure" us. Sure, we can go into "remission," but he never claimed he could "cure" me. Nevertheless, he did give me real hope that he would increase my level of functioning which he has, in fact, done.

Fortunately, I don't have to travel far at all to get to him. Good luck and hope he helps you as well. Just be patient...his staff is also very kind and helpful.

Best,
    LB32
  4. keke1972

keke1972 New Member

Foxxglove,
    Do you feel his protocol has helped you and your daughter? How long have you had cfs/fms? I have both. The fatigue is the worst. I have widespread body pain also. The pain is worst in my neck and shoulders. I feel as though I could deal with the pain for the rest of my life, but the fatigue knocks me out. I have a lot of other symptoms like the rest of us. Do you work? I am a stay-at-home-Mom. Pricles, Dr. Enlander has a protocol where he uses Kutapressin mixed with other ingredients. I believe glutithione and magnesium are part of the mixture. If you go to immunesupport.com his article is posted there. Are you able to get on the website? Let me know.Ballet dancer I am happy to hear you have been helped by Dr. Enlander. Thanks everyone, Kristen
  5. foxglove9922

foxglove9922 New Member

Dr. Enlander is a very wise and well respected physician who has opted to take on the challenge of helping us who suffer horribly with CFS/FM.

I agree with whoever wrote before me that there is NO cure for CFS/FM but I have reached a higher level of living because of him. His staff is also great and know us by name.

He does use injectable Hepapressin (bovine version of Kutapressin) which is covered by my insurance as well as oral glutathione, mag, etc. etc. He also has helped us achieve a better quality of life with Klonopin for sleep and Zanaflex for RLS and pain.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to anyone who has CFS/FM.

best wishes,

Foxglove
  6. balletdancer74

I've been seeing him for well over six years. I agree, as I wrote, that his staff is wonderful as well.

He's a very special doctor...

Best,
    LB32 (Leeza)

p.s.
    They know me very well there...except for the new receptionist. Laura, Michelle, Dr. E. and Darlene know me well... :)
  7. foxglove9922

foxglove9922 New Member

Hi Leeza,

I thought Darlene left. I'm still working with Michele and Laura. Are you aware the Dr. E lost his wife not long ago.

I called last week but they said he was in France helping a patient.

best wishes,

foxglove
  8. balletdancer74

Yes, I'm aware that Darlene is no longer at Dr. E's office. I see Dr. E. at the synagogue sometimes in NY. haha

I also know about the loss of Caron. She was, indeed, a very special woman. You'd know that the second you met her. I was devastated to hear the news, but seems Dr. E. is "healing" as best as anyone can, considering the major loss.

Glad he's also helping you out as well! He's definitely gone out of his way for me...

Best,
    LB32 (Leeza)