Hoping the weather will settle down

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rosemarie, Sep 3, 2008.

1. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

With all the aches and pains that come from weather changes I am wishing I lived some where it was warm all year round and that there were no huge storm fronts .
    I don't think there is such a place except my dreams.

I am in Northern Utah and the valley I live in is known for being one of the coldest places in winter. So now wiht fall comming faster and faster I am having more and more pain in my wrist , knee's and right ankle.

I hate being cold yet I live in a deseart state that usually has a good snow fall and is known to get very cold in december and January. I should be used to this as I have lived here for all of my life yet as each winter comes I hate the cold even more.

I am so sick of being sick , tired, in pain. I want so much to be albe to spend more time with my grandkids and be able to tend them. I can't lift them now and the youngest is just barely 1 yr. The other 2 are 20 months and 3 yrs. I Love them to so much and want to be a big part of their lives I don't want them to remember me as the gramma that hurts all the time.

I am just having a tough day today. I learned what is causeing my 81 yr old mother to have bladder infections constantly. She has a ditiverticulitis that has caused a hole from her bowel to her bladder. But due to her health issues surgery to fix this is not possialbe. I am praying that she will be able to live in comfort and peace for a while longer and with good health. I am not ready to let go of her any time soon. I know I am a mamma's girl,I always have been but my dad passed away 9 days before my 13th birthday.

LIfe is not so bad as it could be, my youngest daughter& her family are moving back to Utah in about 12 days. They are staying with my hubby and I for a while and his grandparents as well. They will be with us more than the grandparents as both sets are ill and elderly. I can't wait to see my grandkids again.

I am feeling my age in ways on saturday My hubby and I will have been married for 28 yrs. We have 3 daughters all married, 3 grandkids, Braxton Scott is 3 yrs, his little sister Kari Rose is 20 months. And Jaden Dean just turned 1 on the 5th of August. Our middle daughter is not ready to have babies right now, she is a nanny in LA.
    As I was thinking back on my life I relized that I have been married more years than my parents were. Daddy and Momma were married just shy of 17 yrs.

Sorry for all the rambling and complaining just having a moment of feeling sorry for my self. No real reason just want to be like I see other women my age, I want to walk with out a cane or the constant pain I live with. See I am doing it again.

I am not depressed just having to face the facts of life I guess, with Mom 's health not good and not going to improve any time soon I have been stressing about what will be next for her, More illness's , more hospital stays or leaving this life. That I can't even think about right now. I guess that it is on my mind as my best friend who I gew up with lost both her parents in under 3 months. Her Mom passed in May and her Dad just a few weeks ago.
    Sorry about all this rambling and feeling sorry for my self, I have many things to be thankfull for and I am thankfull for my family, this place, and all the friends I have made here online.

Sorry for rambling on and on

2. 3gs

3gs New Member

Hi rosemarie

did the storm over the weekend get you down? That big drop in temp really made it rough. I'm still coming out of the flare it caused. Know what you mean about winter. last year was brutal,sure hope it doesn't get that cold again this year.

I have 3 grandkids and like you miss them like crazy but its a challenge to have them too.
    I just lost my dad last Dec. I think the stress of that and other things as really knocked me out of the ballpark.
    sorry about your mom.
    Did you get your rooms done for the kids to come?

Feel free to rant that way some stress is relieved and you can enjoy your visit.

[This Message was Edited on 09/04/2008]
  3. erinwilburn

erinwilburn New Member

I have to admit that this past storm caught me off gaurd. I am in Bountiful so we don't freeze as much but I have been paying for the rain ever since. Our power was out for a full day so I was w/o my heating pad. In my dream city it would always be 72 and sunny.

About your grandkids... My mom-in-law suffers with FM and feels the same way you do. I don't have kids so her and I can talk freely about how hard it is on her. The one thing that she does that I love so much is during the few hours a month she sees them it is all about having a party. Nana stays on the couch and the kids get to dance, play and sing and even though she feels sad about it the kids leave feeling like they have the coolest nana ever.

I think it is great you are going to have your family close. It seems like we just seem to have more and more put on our plate everyday and even though our families age no matter what we wouldn't trade the time we have with them for the world.

Hope you feel better and enjoy your family. And remember we are always listening and it helps to rammble and get it out.