Hormonal Tests for Fibromyalgia

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pasogirl, Oct 4, 2006.

1. pasogirl

pasogirl New Member

I have many of the same symptoms for a number of years - and diagnosis recently confirmed - am having every test, scan or whatever out there with everything coming back normal except a very deteriorated jaw / tmj that we already suspected -- but recently, I was at work and a wave of lightheadness, increasing blood pressure - 160/120 and slurred speech, and almost out ! The site nurse suspected a stroke -??? Made it to the ER and by then-- it was diagnosed as "unknown vertigo/dizziness" -- and then all the other symptoms have been there -
    I have now heard of hormonal level testing -that womean should have levels checked including testerone -
    A recent treatment plan to adjust has seen some great improvement including decreased fatigue, weight loss when nothing else worked before and weight gain - and just other symptoms improving -
    My endocrinologist hasn't run but I am going to suggest -
    any experiences out there ? Or place to further research?
    any input - greatly appreciated ---
    Signed; "Desperately Seeking ME "

2. carebelle

carebelle New Member

I do not think there are Hormonal Test for Fibromyalgia.
    I had test but they said it was to see if I was in menopause and I am.
    I have never once been told of any real test they have done for FM, except where they touched me to find trigger points.
  3. pasogirl

pasogirl New Member

Thank you for your reply - the test is not a diagnostic for fibromyalgia -- as I reaiize diagnosis is determined by medical history and trigger point 11 of 18--- I am waiting for more information but it evidently is showing some relationship in hormone levels in fibromyalgia patients and that slight adjustments to specific hormone levels have improved some symptoms significantly - but fibromyalgia remains the main diagnosis yet this is a method of improving some symptoms -- I will share more information once I receive - I may have just posted too early before I have more details - I will come back soon
  4. PVLady

PVLady New Member

I did have the hormone testing. I am using bio identical hormones, progesterone and estrogen. They are also adding some testosterone. Mine are in a cream form.

I do think the hormones help, especially with my frame of mind and anxiety. Most gynecologists are good about testing and giving you HRT.
  5. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

I've always firmly believed my hormones are very messed up and connected to all these health issues, but dr. just look at me funny when a 30 patient ask about hormone testing.

Obviously i'm to young yet for menopause, so what's my problem, wait, she's crazy, lets offer her a anti-depressant!

LOL

Misty your horse pal
  6. cindye

cindye New Member

My daughter had her hormones tested at FFC and they are all out of whack. She is taking testerone in a cream and was taking porgesterone but it did not agree with her.