Hormone balancing essential in treatment of FM/CFS

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Misdiagnosed, Jan 11, 2003.

1. Misdiagnosed

Misdiagnosed New Member

Hi People

Interested to know if anyone has been treated by Dr Roby at Online Allergy Centre. His reasoning sounds spot on for why we develop these symptoms. We're all over-adrenalised. Read how this happens and what it causes,

I, for one, had 3-4 years of hormone problems before I had all the other symptoms and felt a lot of the crash and burn, drop in sugar levels, creating poor sleep he talks about. I definitely think it's worth investigating.

I would love to hear what everyone else thinks of this.

Regards
    Gill
  2. dolsgirl

dolsgirl New Member

I had sypmtoms long before I had hormone problems, unless having some PMS-ee syptoms a sign of hormone imbalance, which it can be. dolsgirl
  3. Misdiagnosed

Misdiagnosed New Member

he does talk about PMS symptoms and said the balance can be a bit off even from birth. He said the normal ranges are so wide that a low 'normal' is enough to be causing all sorts of problems.

Go have a read - it's too involved to retell it here, but it sure makes sense to me:)

thanks for your reply

Regards
    Gill

4. klutzo

klutzo New Member

FMS is an illness where the sympathetic nervous system becomes dominant over the parasympathetic nervous system. By definition, that would create people with over-reactive adrenals. All of the meds I am currently taking ,except Tylenol, are designed to supress the adrenal over-reaction in one way or another.
    Any of the articles in the library here about dysautonomia will probably support what you suggest, but I will go check out the Roby website anyway, thanks.
    BTW, after yrs. of our adrenals working overtime they can become exhausted, causing symptoms opposite what one would expect from over-adreanlization.I think that is what CFS my be, basically.
    KLutzo
  5. 4mylabs

4mylabs New Member

What is the website for the Online Allergy clinic you are talking about? It sounds like something I should look into.

thanks
    Julie
  6. Jaysea

Jaysea New Member

I figured this Dr Roby was just another online quack but his theory about an allergy to progesterone kinda struck a chord. I had a severe allergic reaction to prometrium ( natural progesterone pills ) and the nat. prog. cream seems to make the FMS worse. Interesting.
  7. Misdiagnosed

Misdiagnosed New Member

Just do a search for Dr Roby via Google and he's the first entry:)

Regards
    Gill
  8. nancyneptune

nancyneptune New Member

in the brain with the pituitary messing up, causing adrenaline overdose. I got panic attacks in 1991 and fibro in 1995. All my symptoms when I was a big panicky fool were just like the illness of fibro. The extreme fatigue, wobbly legs, constant diahrrea, shaking, almost passing out.
    When you have adrenaline coursing through your veins all the time, you quickly become utterly non-functional.
    Unfortunately for me my adrenal glands are still pumping it out like there's no tomorrow. I'd love it if it would exhaust itself. Maybe I could go off the Xanax! N

[ advertisement ]