hormone information

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by quamijay, Jan 16, 2009.

1. quamijay

quamijay New Member

Any good articles or information on what hormone problems us with CFS have. Especially what to test for?

2. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

I used Dr. Teitelbaum's book "From Fatigued to Fantastic" to help me decide which hormones to test.

3. panthere

panthere Member

Definitely do urine 24 hour test for different hormones (Genova diagnostic lab) as well as urine/salive test for cortisol (Neuroscience labs)
  4. kat0465

kat0465 New Member

i had a 24 hour saliva test done. you take a sample 4 times beginning first thing in the morning, then lunch, dinner & bedtime.i was shocked to see how low in cortisol & DHEA i was. the compounding pharmacist i use said he wasent surprised at all, that most fibro patients he sees struggle with the same thing. i had just had a hysterectomy when i had the saliva test done so i thought it was because of that, but he said i was probably deficient for years.dont know why any dr didnt think to check all that.Now im wondering how long it will take me to get all that back to a normal level, and if it did permanent damage :( i wish i had the money to test for other things, but even with insurance, it's so expensive.