Hormone meds and Fibro

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by littlebrownwren, Oct 1, 2005.

1. littlebrownwren

littlebrownwren New Member

My fibro and arthritis have done a giant leap fowar in this past year. Don't know why.

Trying to think what has caused this horrible flare up.

We have been working on our house this summer ,which means I have been in paint, cleaners and on ladders, off and o again since spring.

One year ago this November my doctor ask me to try a new hormone medication. It is called fem ring. A 1/4 inch thick piece of rubber about the size of a rubberband. It is inserted into our private place and stays there for 3 months and then it's replaced with a new one.

So my question is have any of you tried this /had problems with it.
    I've wondered if it could be the cause of this flare up.

I went to my family doctor monday and all my blood work was good except the one for arthritis,it was high. My B12 was low and am now on Flobee, a mixture of B12,B6, Folic acid and something else. They doubled my prednisone. My blood pressure was up also , so now have a pill for that.

I'm due for my pap/pelvis in november and feel I need to discuss this with him. Are any of you using this particular hormone?
  2. jfrustrated

jfrustrated New Member

I am fortunately past the hormone med stage - it was a rocky ride for me - and I had lots of problems. However, I also had the outside of my wooden house painted several months ago and had a real flare up of fatigue and pain from the chemicals that were used on the outside of the house. Maybe this is a factor - my doctor did express concerns when I mentioned that I was having the house painted and suggested I take a holiday while it was done. So totally unrealistic!
  3. Fudge43

Fudge43 New Member

Hi there ... I haven't heard of that method for hormone treatment ...always something new on here ! haha
    I take Alese ... low dose hormone treatment .. actually a birth control ( I don't need it for that ! haha ) .. I have been on it for about a year and a half .. I don't think it conflicts with the fibro .. and my skin seems to be softer than I would predict for this age .. then again I use a lot of moisturizer ...
    If I were you I would ask more questions though .. and maybe a pill form might be better .. if you don't feel well with it at least it is easy to stop that form ?
    good luck !