Hormones Dr. Lerner

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rubyart, Feb 2, 2007.

1. rubyart

rubyart New Member

I am wondering if anyone is on Cortef while being treated with Valcyte. I was on Prednisone, which I love (I know it's not good for infections), and also on Cortef (which I also love) for low adrenals. I really felt better using both of these but Dr. Lerner felt strongly that I should go off both before we started the antiviral protocol. He said these would work against "everything that we're doing." So I went off. Interested in other folks' experience.
    Thanks.
  2. foxglove9922

foxglove9922 New Member

Hi ruby,

I too am interested in this as I'm on HGH and wonder if that should be discontinued prior to Valcyte. I have put in an inquiry to my physician about this.

Good questions, hoping others with more knowledge will come along.

best wishes,

Foxglove
  3. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

Rubyart--

I wrote a note about Cortef and AV's on the PGWS Valcyte thread.

Foxglove--

Are you on the "real" hgh or a precursor? How much are you taking? What have your experiences been?

I tried hgh a while back but found that even at a very very small dose, it stressed my system too much. I'm of the impression that it channels all energy toward repair, which is great if you have extra energy. Obviously, I don't at the moment (and haven't since I got ill 11 years ago).

My doctor and I talked at our last meeting about my going back on it after I'm done with the antivirals. He thinks that at that point, it will repair the damage that's been done to my body and build up my strength.

I have a whole bunch of it still in my refrigerator, and so it would be good to get some use out of it.

Best, Lisa
  4. foxglove9922

foxglove9922 New Member

Hi lisa and ruby,

I am on Humantrope injections,,,,yes the real HGH retrieved from cadavers.

My Valcyte Rx did not arrive in the mail as I hoped today but I also had a real rough time of it over the weekend upping my Valtrex dose from 500 to 1000 mg so I guess I will see where I'm at by the end of the week before proceeding.

I have sent an email to my doctor about the Valcyte and HGH. I'm guessing that it will be discontinued like everything else. I will only be taking Klonopin (1 mg at night for sleep) and Ibuprophen or Darvacet for pain as needed during my Valcyte period.

Ultimatlely, by killing the viruses, it is my hope that the rest of the bodily systems affected by CFS will realign and I won't need HGH.

To answer your questions, lisa, I did see immediate improvement with the HGH injections that I've been on for over 2 years. My muscles are stronger and it has increased my endurance. I practice yoga and pilates which has further helped my body.

ruby, please do keep us informed if your physician will have you on hormones during the Valcyte treatment.

best wishes to all,

Foxglove
  5. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

It sounds like you have lots of viruses if you're having a rough time with that amount of Valtrex. Hopefully that means that the AV's will be helpful in the long run for you.

Best, Lisa