Hormones related to Fibrorib

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pianomoe, Apr 23, 2007.

1. pianomoe

pianomoe New Member

I have been in remission for my fibro for as long as I was taking HRT for my menopause.
    Started taking HRT 8 years ago, along with prozac. When I started menopause at 45, I was so miserable, the HRT helped me and I also becamse depressed.
    My gyn weaned me off of HRT and ever since then I have been having horrible hot flashes again, terrible sleep disruption and depression really bad!
    My fibro came back as soon as I got off the HRT.
    I have been miserable, so depressed, I even cry now and I was rediagnosed 3 weeks agot with fibro.
    I'm really starting to think this hormonal change thing is kicking up my fibro and depression again. I am calling my gyn to see if she will put me back on HRT>
    I can't live with this sadness, pain and fatigue any longer. It's worth a try to see if being back on HRT helps me? Sorry about the spelling errors/my computer is acting up and won't let me correct.
    Pianomoe pb
  2. pianomoe

pianomoe New Member

Thanks No Energy!
    What I love about this forum is that we're all in this together.
    No one understands the lack of energy and pain that you feel when you feel like this!s
    It's getting to the point that I don't even tell other people about my pain, they don't understand and think it is all in your head!
    I don't go out or try to socailize with people,beacuse it is too tioring putting up a happy front and making believe everything is just fine!
    I am so fortunate to have a supportive husband and partner. Even thought he doesn't have fribo, he is the best support I could ever ask for!
    Pianomoe
  3. pianomoe

pianomoe New Member

Hi No LEarner
    I hear you!!
    I dont' care what anyone says about HRT and fibro. If I have to go back on HRT to help feel better, I will do it! I can't stnad feeling like this! My computer is still acting up/sorry for the misplessl.
    Pianomoe ththggiotton'
  4. jmq

jmq New Member

I too am on HRT patch...I started about the same time I started with the fibro treatments. My hot flashes are under control but my pain is the same...maybe a bit worse. Who knows what came first? I do agree that they are related.

Hope you find some relief soon...
    jmq