Horrible Fibro Dream

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by lgp, Feb 26, 2008.

1. lgp

lgp Well-Known Member

I also posted this on the fibro board. I'm posting it here also because it's bothering me so much.

I had a very disturbing dream early this morning. I didn't have such a great night sleeping last night. When I woke up, I took an antihistamine and went back to sleep and had the dream. Here goes:

I dreamed that I was alone in my house and I called 911 because the house had been robbed. Things were tossed everywhere, broken glass, blood smeared on a chair, etc. I was very frightened but the 911 dispatcher assured me that help was on the way. After waiting and waiting and nobody came, I tried to call again. After speaking into all the different phones in the house, after speaking into each phone, one by one, I would realize nobody was really hearing me even though I thought they were listening to me. When I finally got the 911 dispatcher back on the phone, in a sweet voice she said to me, "Oh we sent several officers, but the house looked so neat and pretty, we knew nothing was wrong. So they wrote up their report and left.False Alarm." When I started to cry and tell her they were wrong, they just had to come inside and see what was wrong, she told me, "Oh it's just in your head. Nothing happened. We're experts. We can tell..." The dream ended with me sitting in all the disarray, scared to move and crying because I knew something was wrong, but they wouldn't believe me. When I awoke, I immediately felt that this dream was about my fibro. I felt so sad and unsettled. Do any of you think this dream was about fibro as well?

2. bevy2most

bevy2most New Member

but it sounds like most of us feel....reaching out for help but no one can receive appropriate care, and as far as the neat and orderly thing it is because most of us don't look sick.

Just my take.

Better dreams to you,
  3. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

Sounds like most of us living with Fibro, thing just aren't how they look.
    ANd everybody else "knows" better.
  4. doloresf1

doloresf1 New Member

Sounds like the mess in the house is like the mess fibro has made of our lives. And the reason no one helped you is because on the outside we look so good!

I'm sorry you had this nightmare. I hope you sleep better tonight.

Comforting Hugs, doloresf1
  5. Christinawensell

Christinawensell New Member

here's some gentle hugs. I hope you rest better tonight. That is an awful feeling to have when you need help and no one is there to help you.

You are in my thoughts today and I will say a prayer for you tonight that you will get some much needed happy dreams.

Sweet Dreams

6. sisland

sisland New Member

Yes,,,,A horrible Fibro Dream! Sad But True! Hope you get some Rest!,,,,,,,,,,Sis