Horrible Flare======Better Now

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by sisland, May 1, 2008.

1. sisland

sisland New Member

Wow iv'e been in Flares before of course but this one took the Cake!,,,,,,,Visited my Brother and His wife over the weekend and had to help control an out of Control grass fire,,,,,

useing rakes and shovels,,,,,and Buckets of water,,,,,,,,Yea! We saved the Trees!!,,,,,,it only took 4 hours!,,,,Yeah only 4,,,lol

I Don't like to Complain But for the last 4 days i could barely Move!,,,,,,My Head felt like it was in a Vice and had a Fever,,,,,,,I Know you have all Heard this before,,,,,,and Felt it Too!......Today Is Much Better!,,,,,,,,Hugs To All!,,,,,,Sis
  2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

It was good of you to pitch in and fight the fire, but I'm sorry to hear you had to pay such a heavy price.

Glad to know you're better today.

3. fivesue

fivesue New Member

...and your posts. I have been on and off, but realized I hadn't seen your name for a bit.

Glad you're better and glad the fire is out without too much damage.

Sometimes we just have to do things and pay the consequences later. Sorry they were so harsh.

4. lgp

lgp Well-Known Member

So nice of you to help put out the fires. You probably knew going in that it might put you into a flare and you did it anyway. Kudos to you.

I hope you're coming out of your flare, feeling better and pampering yourself a little. You deserve it!!

5. victoria

victoria New Member

glad you're feeling better! That must've been scary.... I know besides the physical stress of working to put it out, the adrenal surge must've worn you out too!

Once we accidentally set our undergrowth & some trees on fire. Luckily we had some large fire extinguishers in the house, and they worked quickly and very effectively...

Even tho about a city lot size was ablaze when we realized it, we had it out before the fire truck got there. Luckily there were no heavy winds.

The chemicals may not have been the best to have had to spray, but, then again... it could've been much worse overall as it was mostly 'pulpwood' pine & needles burning.

Hope you recover sooner than later!

6. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

You need a long recovery break now after your heroics.

Love Annie
  7. doloresf1

doloresf1 New Member

Being a Fire Fighter is very hard work! I'm glad you are recovering and it's good to hear from you!

8. Kathleen12

Kathleen12 New Member

I know first hand the exhaustion of putting out a brush fire with rakes and tree boughs! That was a pretty constant chore for us since my dear father was never any good at watching the fires he set. I know of the adrenaline rush and having to work hard and fast.

Ya know? It just shows you that we do what we have to do and pay for it later. Others do what they have to do, but with little consequence.

Take care of yourself now and let others do for you the next few days until you can recover.
  9. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I am glad you are better but I wish you hadn't had to suffer this flare. I just emerged from one and I had forgotten just how painful they can be. Prayers going up.

Love, Mikie
  10. sisland

sisland New Member

The Wind came up and blew the flames across the fence line ,,,,,so we didn't have much choice as to (Who could help save the Trees),,,,,,,It's a very large field that ends with a Creek to the south,,,,,,,,

So thought that we were safe!,,,,,,,,,,,,We Were dipping water buckets out of the creek,,,,,,,,,,I Knew of course that it would cause a major flare but like Kathleen said you sometimes just have to do what you have to do,,,,,,,

i'm so thankful to have you all here for support!,,,,,,,,,,I've been resting up today,,,,And i'm so thankful that we saved the Very old and Large Grove of Trees!,,,,,,,,,,Hugs To All!,,,,,,,,Sis