Horrible Gas - Help

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jaybienweb, Sep 28, 2002.

1. jaybienweb

jaybienweb New Member

Hi,
    Does anyone out there with CFIDS have extreme trapped upper and lower gas? Any helpful remedies?

Thanks for all your help!
  2. jaybienweb

jaybienweb New Member

Hi,
    Does anyone out there with CFIDS have extreme trapped upper and lower gas? Any helpful remedies?

Thanks for all your help!
  3. garyandkim

garyandkim New Member

suggest? If IB you may want to try Grape seed. I also use Flax oil. But, when the going gets tough I use the med the doc gave me for the IB. Good luck and hopes this helps, Kim and Gary
  4. Shoobie

Shoobie New Member

I get episodes of lower gas a few times a week. My abdomen gets so bloated that I appear to be pregnant and even touching it lightly hurts like heck. That lasts for several hours and then I... how do I put this civilly?... pass gas for an hour or so and then I feel better.

Nothing seems to work for me. :-( Maybe I'll try the Di gel. Kim, where do you find all of these things you mentioned?

Jay, I hope you find something that helps as well! I can empathize!

-Shoobie
  5. garyandkim

garyandkim New Member

order them for me. I hate that bloating. I have poped a few zippers in the past and I a size 0. Hope you get some relief and the med the doc gives me is a real life saver when I have to go out and nothung else works. Just make sure if you take meds that you check wit your doc and/or pharmasist. Some meds can't be taken with antacids.

Hope you both are able to grt some relief soon, Kim and Gary
  6. klutzo

klutzo New Member

Unless all of your ancestors were from Northern Europe, you may have Lactose Intolerance. This is a normal condition, affecting more than 70% of the adults on the planet. It means you cannot digest the sugar in milk products (Lactose), and it is why most human cultures do not continue to consume cow's milk products after weaning. The problem usually manifests itself in a person's 20's or 30's and gas, very painful cramping, bloating and diarreha are the primary symptoms. I am not saying you don't have other causes for your gas, as you might, just that this is the most common one in adults, so you may want to check for this first before giving up other foods you love or going in for expensive allergy tests. You can find out if you have this by carefully avoiding all dairy produts (including whey and caesin) for 2 weeks to see if you feel better. Read labels, even on pills. If this is part of your problem you can either stop consuming dairy, which means you will need to eat tons of green veggies and/or take calcium citrate supplements, or you can take Lactaid or DairyEase or some other brand of Lactase enzyme product to replace what your system is not making.
    Best wishes,
    Klutzo
  7. vloga

vloga New Member

Yes, I get it all the time. I'm sure I've lost jobs because it's so offensive. I've almost given up eating veggies because they're the worst offenders. So much for a healthy diet.

I've found that onions, garlic and all legumes (French and runner beans, soya, peas, chickpeas, etc, etc) are the worst offenders. Think of it cooking up fermentation products in the gut and intestines. So it pays to avoid sugars at the same time. I also avoid all dairy products, as they make things far worse.

When it's bad I take grape seed oil capsules, which really help with that and acid reflux. But self-massage seems to help best.

Good luck jay, and if you find anything that works, please let me know.

Vloga
  8. Lana56

Lana56 New Member

Staying away from sugar will help the gas problem.Others things may help too like gas X,but the sugar gives you gas and you can get relief if you don't eat it. Lana