Horrible pain , how does everyone cope?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by campbeck97, Nov 10, 2009.

1. campbeck97

campbeck97 New Member

Hi All, i usually dont come on here to complain about the pain but lately (like the last few months ) I cant get any relief from morphine, hot baths, muscle relaxers, massage you name it, nothing helps. I think its more of the Myofascial syndrome than the Fibro as I have very painful lumps all over in the muscles/skin even in my mouth/they are those very very sore tender or trigger points. I massage them and hurts so bad and then they will slowly feel better only to reappear. I am exhausted from the pain and trying to keep up with it all. Every day it seems something new pops up. Ok sorry for the rant , how do you all cope? Love and Blessings to all
  2. nah.stacey

nah.stacey Member

We have no secret coping methods but coming here and venting to others who understand the

pain is one of the best coping methods we have. Let it out, whine, complain, carry on etc. we all

know how you are feeling and wish with all our hearts there was something more we could do for

you but also remember that is why we are here, and why you come here. It's ok to complain. It

won't fix it but it might make it feel better for a minute.

Hang in there,
  3. wendysj

wendysj New Member

Hi Campbeck,

I'm sorry to hear you have had a tough few months. It feels like an eternity when you are in pain and exhausted.

The thing I really try to do when I have a long stretch of pain is try to see the good in everything. Watch the birds outside, chipmunks, my dog, helping people here on the boards. I try to focus on the things I enjoy. I will read to help me escape my reality. Anything I can do to put a smile on my face, I do it.

I hope you get relief from your pain very soon. We're here to help, so vent all you want!

4. FibroFay

FibroFay New Member

I do understand.

I am perfectly miserable right now. The tropical storm weather pattern is affecting me badly, and I've gone off my Savella (doctor's supervision). Tomorrow a.m. I will begin a low dose of Cymbalta then slowly increase it. I could just cry. Not sleeping, nor resting. Just trying to survive. It will help when this horrible weather settles down.

Campbeck my thoughts and prayers are with you. Please keep me in yours also.

5. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Campbeck - first, I don't have FM, I don't have pain problems (I have CFS), but I do feel for you.

I've been reading a lot about low-dose naltrexone therapy (see lowdosenaltrexone.org) - it seems to helping a lot of peole with pain. I'm going to be trying it for weak immune system.

Here's an article about ldn and FM:

You do have to stop opiates before starting it, it's all explained on the website.

Take care -

LEFTYGG Member

I too have dozens if not hundreds of knots all over. I massage massage massage with balls theracane knobber rolling pin you name it.

it helps but so time consuming. now im putting a morton toe pad in my shoe to help feet. it is helping.no one understands but those who have it. love gail