Horrible pain in hand, wrist and elbow....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Aghllw, Oct 12, 2006.

1. Aghllw

Aghllw New Member

I have just recently started to suffer with right hand pain that feels like it started in my shoulder and has worked it's way into my hand. Has anyone had this happen before? It is a throbbing pain with a little shooting/stabbing pain included. There is a little swelling around the thumb, first and middle finger joints, but not a ton of swelling. I tested neg for RA and Lupus a few months ago. Is this just part of the DD? Or, could it be coming from my neck?

I cherish everyone's opinions and help! This board has been a true blessing for me in dealing with my diagnosis and treatment.

Bless all of you,
    Lisa
  2. Aghllw

Aghllw New Member

Need some help please...

Lisa
  3. kbak

kbak Member

Hi,
    I know that pain only to well. I was having so much pain that I finally had to have surgery on my wrist and elbow, which did help.

I figure that I got carpal and cupital tunnel from doing a straight 2 yrs of computer classes. I was in agony. I still have to watch how much I type.

You should consider seeing an Orthopedist.

Take care,
    kbak
  4. rigby

rigby New Member

I get this mostly in my right wrist now has decided to go to my left wrist and hand hard for me to do anything right now I do have some spine problems in my neck but I have hard this so long in my right arm and hand take care Sharon
  5. Aghllw

Aghllw New Member

Thank you so much! We all have pain all over and when something "out of the ordinary" happens, it throws me. I do use a computer a lot and have had a few arm masssages, but nothing seems to help. The pain is actually keeping me awake (more so than normal) and we all know that sleep deprivation is the worst.

Thanks again!

Lisa
  6. Aghllw

Aghllw New Member

Does your pain go past your wrists? Mine actually feels like it is coming from my neck and radiating down my arm. But my fibro pain wans so much, I can't really tell where it starts or stops sometimes. Have you had any type of treatment for your pain in your wrists?

Thanks again!

Lisa

[ advertisement ]