Horrible Pain in my feet

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sharon5650, Feb 9, 2010.

1. sharon5650

sharon5650 New Member

I have horrible pain in feet lately, I am not sure if it is the fibro, or the OA arthritis, I can barely walk at times. I am off to have a bone scan tomorrow so maybe it will tell me something.

Does anyone have pain in their feet like this? it stops me from doing so many things.

thank Sharon
  2. butterflydream

butterflydream New Member

2 good important tests that i know of having are
    Ultrasound of both of your feet
    Nerve Conduction Test from your feet up to your Back.

Hope this gives you more of insight to add to your list of testings
    Most importance of the testings are to Always get your copies of any and all Tests Before your next followup appointment
  3. deb_46

deb_46 New Member

When my levels are low one of the first symptoms I get is horrific pain in my feet to where I can barely walk, once levels are up that immediately gets better.

4. DTJ6PPC

DTJ6PPC New Member

Check for gout and uric acid levels.
  5. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

With me, I think it's arthritis today. Woke up with the underside of my left big toe hurting bad. When it's gout, I get it on the top of the toe joint and usually get a fever from it and it's in the other foot. This feels like arthritis. Trouble bending the toe. I think this weather will give it.

You can try wearing warm slippers around the house, that usually helps me. Often times, we don't realize that the floors are drafty and really can cause foot pain.
  6. kat211

kat211 New Member

Mine hurt so bad sometimes I can't even get slippers on. I found some sock-slipper like things that you can heat in the microwave. They help ease the pain sometimes. If it is cold like today, I will wear my uggs all day because they keep my feet warm and they do not constrict my feet at all.
  7. kat0465

kat0465 New Member

the Agony of foot pain! i know it well:(
    is it worse the first thing in the morning when your getting out of bed?? thats when mine is the worst!
    had the nerve conduction thing, that turned out ok. doc said just another fibro thing.i have started low dose naltrexone,, and i can tell a big difference in my pain.
    it's like once i get moving it's not as bad, but when im off my feet for a while, it's really bad.
    when i dont take my fish oil i notice it more also.
    Hope you get relief soon
    [This Message was Edited on 02/10/2010]
  8. annhasfibro

annhasfibro New Member

yes i have had fibro for 12 years and yes i have had that god awful foot pain i dont know what it is from but it hurts like hell,so bad like u said it's hard to walk..does the heels feel like you have been beaten with a two by four on ur feet and they feel like they r brused so very bad its a pain i wouldnt wish on anyone so i feel ur pain it has gotten better for me since i'm on the morphine i guess thats why i dont have it as bad anymore... but i hope you find out whats up and i hope something can be done to help..thanks for listening ur fibro friend ~Ann~ gentle hug's..
  9. JLH

JLH New Member

Hello, Sharon, like everyone has said, it could be many things that are causing your foot pain.

I have gout, which affects the big toe, and that toe joint. It's very painful. I have begun taking two different meds which will control my uric acid level to avoid the gout flareups.

I also have a pinched sciatic nerve which creates pain all the way down from my low back to my big toe and the toe next to it--it causes those two toes to be completely numb.

I also have foot pain from diabetic neuropathy, as well as from arthritis.

Your doctor may have to run quite a few different tests to find out the exact problem. If you are having a bone scan, it may be a bone density scan (DEXA scan) which tells your bone density--to see if you have osteoporosis.

Hope you soon find out your problem and get some relief.
  10. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

Have you considered a Bartonella infection?

It can cause lots of foot pain and sore soles, along with fatigue, swollen lymph nodes, etc.

See page 26.......

11. jojo666

jojo666 New Member

Hi, I af to walk slily entil it get better lot lf streching. I no what u mean it urt real bab
    I am trying marijana to neith give u the resolt if u are intrested
    I am scard but if it worck humm???