Horrible Panic Attacks for hours now..

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dolsgirl, Jul 16, 2003.

1. dolsgirl

dolsgirl New Member

I've been having an absolutely horrible day with a severe migraine, not like I've had in over two years. It started my last night, Sunday,(I quit), of my job at the detox unit. The person I worked with used bleach to clean the nurses station, which totally triggers the migraine. I immediately opened the door nearby, but the damage was already done. They don't even allow patients to use any type of perfume, even the "powder fresh" deodorant, so why this? Makes no sense.

Anyway, I think that's part of the reason for this on-going relentless panic attack. I've taken two Traxenes, 7.5 mg each a few hours apart from each other. Also, I quit the job because I didn't feel safe there. It's over, but, I can't get it out of my head. My husband keeps telling me to, but I can't help it. I've certainly tried.

So, here I am at 2AM on-line, with a pounding heart, ready to jump out of my skin. It's been a horrible day. At least I think I've gotten the migraine to go away. Just a slight headache left. God, I hate to dump this. I'm a wreck right now.

Thanks for listening. dolsgirl
  2. natrlvr2

natrlvr2 New Member

you don't take Xanax for your panic attacks?Everyone I know that gets these takes xanax.Hope things have settled down for you today.
  3. jolly

jolly New Member

I can smell that stuff if it's been years. Hope you feel better by the time you read this, although you may still be up if you're that agitated. And believe me, I know the meaning of staying up all night agitated! What helps me is going outside, listening to the night noises. Hope you've gotten some relief by now, but don't feel alone. Jo Ellen
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I know Xanax works well for anxiety and I have gotten excellent help with Klonopin. The Klonopin also helps me sleep, reduces muscle spasms, reduces sensory overload and has greatly reduced my tinnitus.

Love, Mikie
  5. Exausthead

Exausthead New Member

It's important to try to breathe more slowly, and focus on the cool air hitting your nostrils as your breaths go in and out = this will help calm you some. Feeling anxious after a big decision is made is natural, so right now try not to focus on the 'what-ifs' or 'what-next's', and just stay as much in the present moment as you can. You will get thru this anxiety/panic = you have in the past right? If you haven't had panic before, it happens to more people than you would think, and people don't die from it, (although it can feel like you might), and One can get help for it if the symptoms persist. Hang in there, and remember to breathe. :)
  6. dolsgirl

dolsgirl New Member

Mikie, you are certainly right about the sensory overload last night. I've been using Traxene(clorazepate), 7.5 (bumped to 7.5 from 3.75 for 10 years previous)for years with great success, but it just got away from me yesterday. I am so glad to not be returning to that job! Thanks all. dolsgirl