Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by gapsych, Jun 5, 2008.

1. gapsych

gapsych New Member

I just responded to a post about heat bothering people.

I live in the midwest where we have had record amounts of rain. It is now in the high eighties or low nineties with about 95% humidity.

We did not have a Spring and the mosquitoes are already out from all the water.

Is anyone else experiencing this in the midwest. I think this was responsible for a long flare.

I just can not take heat, even before this DD. I do not mind the cold but our cold is humid.

How about people in other places?

I think I would love to live in San Diego but then who can afford it there on disability.

Fun to dream though.

Interested in the weather situation in other places and how it is affecting CFS/ME/FM?

Do you think it makes a difference having FM or ME or both.

Could this be global warming. Maybe global raining?

2. willruthie1965

willruthie1965 New Member

I have had a terrible time with the weather in Missouri. I have Rheumatoid arthritis and fibro.It haas rained non stop for over a month it seems.It has been horrible for me.IF it isn't raining it is really humid. So I agree with you it is time to move to a dry climate, Ruthie
  3. Spinetti

Spinetti New Member

I don't know about other places, GA and Willruthie, but here in Chicago, the recent weather has been causing me all kinds of havoc.

Plus, I had the added "fun" of installing my window air conditioner myself yesterday. I'm always afraid the thing is going to end up in the street 5 stories below.

Best wishes for coping with it,

4. fifthofanickel

fifthofanickel New Member

Wisc. here & it is raining (AGAIN) today w/severe thunderstorms predicted for today & tomorrow & w/winds up to 50mph...So what else is new? I have to stay in the house as the humidity gets everything in a flare.

Stay in the house in winter & summer now. The weather has been terrible for me & many others I believe.

We were going to visit our grandgirls that live about an hr. & a half away, but can't because of this. I'm wiped out anyhow...But would have made the effort to go if the weather would have cooperated...

Always something,
  5. CanBrit

CanBrit Member

I live jsut outside Canada's capital, Ottawa, and we had the second worst winter for snow last year. Way too much standing water has caused a storm of mosquitos and black flies. Lucky me is allergic to mosquito's.

I have problems with any kind of humidity, whether hot or cold. Makes me permanently in an achy flare. For me, a temperature of 70 with no humidity year round, would just about do it.

I don't hold much stock in the idea of Global warming or cooling. I think that our weather is a natural cycle. Anyone know of a place with a permanent temperature of 70?

All the best,

6. Cherish1974

Cherish1974 New Member

I live near Chicago and the wacky weather is causing me all sorts of problems as well.
  7. msbsgblue

msbsgblue Member

As strange as it may seem I thought that I suffered in Missouri in the spring worst of all.

I moved to Washington 3 years ago, we are on the very dry side of the Cascade Mountains it is close to being like desert. Most of the time humidity is about 20-30 percent and they consider 40 to be high. Everyone thinks it rains all the time in WA but the truth is that is on the west side.

This spring is really weird, we went from winter to almost summer in 2 days. But that only lasted about 4 days. Here it is June 6 and we are having lows in the lower 40's and highs in the high 50's to low 60's and the 7 day forecast doesn't expect it to change.

The first summer I was a bit better but the past 2 years I am worse then I have ever been. I find that I am actually better when I visit home.

I moved to AZ twice over the years to see if it helped me. Both times it seemed the dry just dried out my joints until both times I got worse.

I don't think it matters where you live, if you are going to be miserable you are just going to.

[This Message was Edited on 06/06/2008]
  8. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

yes the weather is rainy and humid,I feel really achy and tired,but I just can"t stay inside ,ao I go out for awhile and then come back in the a/c for a rest the best thing that I have found is to not have the a/c set so its to cold .I have it at 76,so it gets rid of the humidity in the house but doesn't make my pain worse.
    I have found I have trouble wearing scandals because my feet have pain in them so I have to have socks on my feet at all times I wear mostly tennis shoes. and I must sleep with socks on at night or I get terrible cramps in my feet.
    I also can"t take a fan blowing on me. gosh what a old lady I feel like. oh well ya have to do what ya have to do.
  9. gapsych

gapsych New Member

about a hundred mile sourth of Chicago.

It is raining here today after a nice, albeit very windy day yesterday.

I am out of the severe flare, but can certainly feel the difference when raining.
  10. gapsych

gapsych New Member

I think that would be a wonderful idea.

I know Victoria has talked about Mexico and she reccomended a book and of course I have lost that thread and she was nice enough to post it twice. I was surprised that there is good medical care in certain areas. And you can stretch out your disability.

Where would you go? When, so I will know when to pack my bags?

Darn, I just signed another year on my lease.

Actually, I would probably not move for several years as my family and some lifelong friends are here.

Take care, GA
  11. LaurieB

LaurieB New Member

I live in Chicago and have been absolutely miserable for a week or so. I wondered if the weather was a cause. All of this humidity, storming, etc. I'm glad you wrote about it.
  12. ironspine

ironspine New Member

Hi-I live in Iowa. Ditto about the weather in Wisconsin! You guys are in line after us with the storms!
    I can't take the air conditioning that all the stores and restaurants seem to have on 45degs. full blast..Humidity makes everybody's joints swell, at least that's what my chiropractor says. I like warmth, from the sun especially. When it's not windy and the sun is shining I like to sit on our rider mower and go as long as I can, and the sun makes me feel good. Ihave fibro and arthritis. However, when it's really humid, I have to stay in and I'm SO tired, even with the air on.
    I guess it's a constant battle for us all.