horrific pain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by clueless, Oct 3, 2002.

1. clueless

clueless New Member

I had the most horrific pain ( except at child-birth maybe) only this was a nerve pain. I had had a hard day worrying about a test my husband was having and having to drive out of the city as he had had anathesia and I don`t drivein the city any more.I took my night time meds and went to bed. Apparently because of my tiredness I slept for 6 hrs. on my right side without rolling over. I awoke about 6 o`clock in the most terrible pain, It`s hard to put it in words. I finaly got to the bed-room door and my hubby heard me.I could hardly move and the pain was undescribable.He got me a pain med. and I laid down on my other side and my body just spasamed. sp.I had never had that happen before. I was afraid to go to bed the next nite and set my alarm clock so I could roll over in the night. Has anyone else ever had this experiense? I have been completely washed out every since.We want to go to Florida for the winter and I`m almost afraid to take the trip but my husband needs to get out of the cold weather. ( two open heart surgeries ) This is the terrible disease , it looks like no-one is interested in trying to find a cure or even meds. that don`t have to be narcotics to hold the pain at bay. A sad picture of our country when millions are suffering so. Clueless
  2. clueless

clueless New Member

I had the most horrific pain ( except at child-birth maybe) only this was a nerve pain. I had had a hard day worrying about a test my husband was having and having to drive out of the city as he had had anathesia and I don`t drivein the city any more.I took my night time meds and went to bed. Apparently because of my tiredness I slept for 6 hrs. on my right side without rolling over. I awoke about 6 o`clock in the most terrible pain, It`s hard to put it in words. I finaly got to the bed-room door and my hubby heard me.I could hardly move and the pain was undescribable.He got me a pain med. and I laid down on my other side and my body just spasamed. sp.I had never had that happen before. I was afraid to go to bed the next nite and set my alarm clock so I could roll over in the night. Has anyone else ever had this experiense? I have been completely washed out every since.We want to go to Florida for the winter and I`m almost afraid to take the trip but my husband needs to get out of the cold weather. ( two open heart surgeries ) This is the terrible disease , it looks like no-one is interested in trying to find a cure or even meds. that don`t have to be narcotics to hold the pain at bay. A sad picture of our country when millions are suffering so. Clueless
  3. pamelasng

pamelasng New Member

Hi clueless, I have had bad pains in my side (L) lately so much so I cant turn over in bed by myself and even with help it hurts so much I thought I must have busted something, I have no idea what it is but put it down to FM, Im just to tired to go to my doctor when something new comes along so I try and ride it through.I hope you get some relief from this DD. I wish we had someone to turn to that would help us, but I dont think anyone really understands untill it happens to them and then its just to late for them to do much. The cure is probably simple and would save $$$ all over the world if only they would provide more $$$ to look into it now. Its good to have others to talk to who know, )))))HUGS((((( Pam.
  4. clueless

clueless New Member

Thanks for taking the time and interest to answer my post.I guess I don`t come across very good in my posts as I never get many answers so I really appreciate yours. It was the lying on one side for 6 hrs. steady that did it. I now set my alarm so I will not sleep that way again.It scared me the pain was so intense!!! Thanks again!
  5. Cindi

Cindi New Member

I thought you came across VERY clear! I'm new here, and I've realized that this is a large community, and posts move quickly here! My son has Epilepsy and other special needs, and I post on an Epilepsy board where I can actually keep up with the posts. The "speediness" of this board (or is it the 'slowness" of my brain??) is new to me, so I've been doing a lot of reading.

I don't have any wonderful words of wisdom, but I wanted to tell you that I'm sorry that you're in so much pain. I'm also sorry to hear about your husband's surgeries. My husband has Crohn's Disease/IBS, and my son w/special needs has had 5 brain surgeries. I know that it's hard enough when we're sick, and then we have to be caregivers, too!
    I will keep you and your husband in my prayers!

Take care...
    Cindi