Horrific stabbing burning pain (neuropathy) in feet & legs! Natural help???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by happycfs, Aug 23, 2012.

1. happycfs

happycfs Member

Hello everyone,

I just moved into a new home, and I hope I am not reacting to some environmental 'thing' here. I am housebound 99% of the time due to my extreme fatigue and brain fog and dizziness and pain and and.... You know how it goes.

I was allergic to some dog/cat dander left behind from the previous tenants, but I have pretty much gotten rid of it all now. But then I got a warning that there is led in the walls, and there are a million types of plants outside. I have been experiencing some really bad depression too, though I am so happy to have moved here. It is so odd. Now, I have been having the worst neuropathy pain that I have ever experienced. My entire right leg is hurting SO F---ING BADLY! Stabbing nerve pain like never before is striking the bottom of the foot (always in the exact same little spot) and it shoots up my leg, right through the center. My ankle is turning totally numb now too.

I am very very very sensitive to every single medication and I am so worried that I will have no other choice but to go onto a drug that will do more damage than help. Does anyone have any experience with this? Do you know of any successful natural remedies? ...Like I said, I am home bound and cannot take medications. I seriously am suffering with this now. My leg is burning on fire and I just really need anything that can help!

Thank you everyone for all of your help and support. I love you guys!!
  2. pamelakc

pamelakc New Member

I have the horrific pain like you are talking about. I know you can use B-12 for neuropathy also at Bath and Body Works there is a foot creme Not lotion that helps with the pain. I have someone I can ask for more tips on the natural pain relief. I will get back to you.

3. Saoirse3

Saoirse3 Member

and my nerve endings are shot. I get the burning in my arms and shoulders. I am REALLY chemically sensitive as well, but I found that by taking the lowest dose of Lyrica (75 mg) every OTHER day (my doctor said the dosage was almost non-existent and wants me to go higher, but I won't do it) keeps the burning pain away. If you are really, really adverse to that idea, I also know that Mayo Clinic recommends St. John's Wort. Personally, just for me, the Lyrica didn't space me out, or make me brain dead like the SJW did. But that's just me.

Jam is right, the B vitamins are really important. I am also going to nominate her for the Nobel Prize for recommending grape seed extract. I can't believe how much better I feel!

Soft hugs,
  4. moi482001

moi482001 Member

I also have it very bad. The pain is in the feet and I can't seem to isolate the cause.

I had stopped all my meds in early spring because of the side effects. I thought everything was going well and in the last month, everything went crazy. Could not walk because of the pain in the feet and legs. Not to speak of all the shooting pain and headaches.

I gave up and went back on the medications. Life is simpler now. The pain is not all gone but kept at a bearable level. I am very tired but sticking to early nites to deal with the pain.

Sorry I don't have any answers. My very helpful chiro could not explain all the knots in my body and had a hard time trying to work these out. I gave up and went on the meds.

Good luck to you. God knows how painful this life is.
  5. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

Neurotin helps me alot. I take less than what my dr. says I should take though. But I make sure that I do take it on a regular basis. {I've been trying to cut back on some of my meds due to eye issues}

Also taking magnesium helps too.

It all is a constant balancing act.