Hospital?????? Pain soooooooooooooo bad...........

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tobyj, Dec 21, 2005.

1. tobyj

tobyj New Member

I have never hurt so bad in my life. Has anyone ever gone to the hospital for FM? This makes the flu like a walk in the park. Everything hurts and like someone is trying to pull all of my bones out from my skin. Any help?????????????
    Thanks,
    Need prayers..............
    Gentle hugs to all
    Toby
  2. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Have never been to the ER for FMS and would never go. I know how our ER's are and I would just end up laying there and paying $50 copay for nothing and probably be there for well over 6 hours or so.

I won't do that to my family--have them sit there all that time. If my pain pill doesn't help or say if I didn't have any pain pills, if Advil didn't help, I'd just try to go to sleep and hope it goes away until I can get to see my family doc.

Hugs,
    Faye
  3. minimonkey

minimonkey New Member

You have both from me --

I think I *would* go to the hospital if it got that bad. Do you have adequate pain meds on hand to help you manage some of it? At least the hospital can give you meds, assuming they understand what you are going through...
  4. tobyj

tobyj New Member

I have enought pain killers to kill myself and 10 other people but nothing is working. And now just recently I have found out that Percodans give me a migraine headache which years ago was why I originally had them. Between pain killers and muscle relaxants and motrin and the morph patch, nothing is working. I don't know what else to do.
    Thanks for the reply
    Toby
  5. tobyj

tobyj New Member

Because I have severe nerve damage from all the car accidents and the FM I have enough pills from Fentonyl to aspirin and all the percs and codeine and muscle relaxants around. Nothing is working and now I am really falling apart.
    Gentle hugs,
    Toby
  6. tobyj

tobyj New Member

I figure there they may be able to give me something I don't have. (med wise) Although I have it pretty well covered. My fiance doesn't mind waiting, he is diabetic and has to go tomorrow any way. We'll see if I go. If I could get a decent night sleep..................just the thought!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Gentle hugs,
    Toby
  7. blkkat

blkkat New Member

toby i'm so sorry you hurt!!! yes many times ive thought about going to the hospital for the pain!( im in pain 24/7 at a 9-10 on the old pain scale) and i would if they could help, im sure we all would if it could help! but like you i have all the meds that they say will help! and as more and more ive been here on this site were one of the lucky ones that get the drugs that are to work!! any way to my point last sept. my dr sent me to a MIND/BODY MEDICAL INSTITUTE class, it was once a week 2/half hrs a night for 10 weeks. yes it killed me sitting/standing in pain while i was there and yes w/out ins. its 2000.00 ouch!!!! and im not sure if its everywhere, im in the seattle area but it has sure helped me get through those VERY PAINUL nights!!!!! if thats not an option, get the book they use its mangaging pain before it manages you by margart a. caudill, md,phd. plus learn about how to do visualization/breath focus/ and learn why cognitive distortions play a big role in our pain. no im not saying its all in our minds but what we think can help with our pain some. i did not want to go at all to this class, i was very upset w/my dr./husband all who said i should go, i said to myself it wont help me!!! well i can say it has givin me more tools to use with my pain meds to get through one more night! were here for you!!! please try a hot bath, can someone massage your back for you? GOD BLESS! HUGS! BLKKAT
  8. sharon5650

sharon5650 New Member

Hi there Tobyj, I have been often to the hospital, even by abulance..I couldn't talk, walk, or move. I was vomiting from the pain it was so bad. They usually put me on IV, gravol for the nauseau, and morphine for the pain. They would let me stay there until I stopped vomiting and the pain subsided long enough so I could go home...I think they thought though it was the dam flu....but I don't care what they think...I told them what it was, but who knows what they thought....it hasn't happened in a long time though, but been there, done that too!!!!!!!!!!!!! sharon5650 up here in Canada...cold here...burrrr