hospital program to fix cfs

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Emily22, Apr 12, 2006.

1. Emily22

Emily22 New Member

I have been told about this program where they put you in hospital for one month and combine food, social activivities, physio, hydro and councelling. Which they say lifts you out of cfs. I am very doubtful but it does have a high sucess rate. I can see how it might increase physical strength and I can see how it might work, but it's hard enough having a shower and doing simple things let alone a workout in the pool and gym. Maybe for people with very mild cfs? What are your thoughts?
  2. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

I just spent 6 weeks in the hospital tapering off of narcotics, sleep meds, sedatives, muscle relaxants, etc. (I was addicted) and learning how to deal with chronic pain. It included most of what you've described. I did learn methods of dealing with the pain, but I still have CFS/FM, and I think I always will.
  3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

But who could afford it? At least $1000 a day for the hospital alone. And no insurance co. would pay for such an "experimental" program.
  4. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

was covered by insurance, but we still have to pay some...about 10-30%. But it was worth it...I am now clean and sober, and my pain is actually less than when I was taking all those drugs. Hope this helps.